Ascend FS10

Guest Jim S.

Guest Jim S.

Have been shopping for a Kayak for a while and finally bought one that fit my budget and one that I was comfortable in. I had been looking at 12' versions, but decided on the 10 in the end. It sits at 51lbs, that also helped when considering it's going roof top. Another factor is for whatever reason I was not comfortable with the SOT and felt much more at home with the sit ins. The best part is that it will allow me to reach water that I just can't get to by wading, miles of it. Now, a paddle. Again something I am still shopping for. This is the 2nd generation Ascend. I'm sure like my motorcycle, I will end up adding an extra something to make it even more me. I believe for my first kayak, I will be happy.

My wife and I had considered buying a canoe, but the more it was discussed, the more we realise she just wouldn't be coming along too often and went this route. We have access to a private pond, so if she ever decides to try it out and likes it, I will buy her one, something more for her likes. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Yak.jpg