idnr funding

Norm:

I wanted you and the ISA to know that Rep. Frank Mautino is developing a bill for dedicated funding to the IDNR. This is good, but the focus is on parks and land acquisition. These are good, but fisheries is dying, our license fees are being diverted, hatcheries are deplorable, no Lake Michigan Manager, fisheries at half staffing, and the list goes on. Bowman had a great article in the Suntimes by Mike Conlin under Stray Casts. He tells it like it is. I would hope that you and the ISA would e-mail this Rep and let him know you desire more funding for fisheries in said bill. Once we loose the resource, it will take generations to gain it back, if ever. Any help would be appreciated.

Rep. Frank Mautino e-mail patti76th@ivnet.com

J.R.

http://blogs.suntime..._illinois_.html

Dale Bowman me 16 people showed up to hear IDNR director Marc Millers talk on the state of the IDNR budget at the Rosemont show. I was at the Tinley show when he gave the same talk. If I remember correctly Dale and I counted 64 people there. Think of the thousands that attended both shows and didn't come. Public apathy is a real problem. We need to help.

Some of you know Mike Quigley

Here is a link to a discussion he started on CLF

http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=82126

Dale Bowman me 16 people showed up to hear IDNR director Marc Millers talk on the state of the IDNR budget at the Rosemont show. I was at the Tinley show when he gave the same talk. If I remember correctly Dale and I counted 64 people there. Think of the thousands that attended both shows and didn't come. Public apathy is a real problem. We need to help.

One hundred and fifty people will see Marc Miller's presentation Saturday at the Blowout.

Scott

About twice the number that previously saw it. That is one of the things about this organization that impresses me.

Excellent work on securing him as a speaker with this timely and much needed message.