shabbona rearing pond draining

Guest rich mc

the draining of the ponds have started. we will complete the draining saturday morning . bring your boots and KIDS . we start at 8 30 on the main park road pond[ one block past the creek bridge ] once the lm pond is done we will release the fish . then complete the sm pond.should be done around noon. . we may also cut 2 small trees that have fallen into the upper creek if we have enough help for the ponds we can fish the creek in theupper area, east of the main park road only due to deer season west of the road. the whole lake is open. let me know if you are attending . rich

Guest rich mc

thats right. Eric may get 50 in a morning. we may get over a thousand per hour.four to five thousand for a morning outing. larry that has been draining the ponds has released over 600 smallies in 4 days! and the fish will get more active. rich

Guest rich mc

breakfast was good. ponds drained very well and we were done about 10 30. total of 2806 smallies and about 600 largemouths . we had a good turnout from sycamore high school fishing team also the smallies averaged 5.8inches estimated 5,000 were placed in the ponds in late june at 3/4-1inch. rich

Did Steve K bring his boat?

Sorry, Ed . . . last night came down with a bad sore throat, congestion and fever. Stay tuned tho . . . my boat will indeed make its way to Shabbona one of these days (maybe even later next week if I can shake this cold). Thanks for asking.