A win for the Apple?

Thanks for posting this! Be sure to read the one response to this article. Seems like a very short-sighted individual to me. The writer uses the 'jobs' card to push their point. Times are very tough indeed. But to create jobs at the possible (and perhaps most likely) expense of a fishery and the surrounding environment would be just plain ignorant.

Guest airbornemike

Right JOBS :blink: What kind of "jobs"? Theres always an excuse for um say fracking, or "drill baby drill" or the freak'n Pebble Mine project in Alaska!!! Corporate GREED.

Guest airbornemike

Right Rich, I watched a PBS special on the pollution those cattle farms in california. In one scene they show what appears to be a dust storm, it was actually a cloud of airborne dry manure.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great news. I've fished this stream for over 30 years now and the number of 100 year floods that have occurred during this span are too numerous to count. Earlier this summer the area received 13" of rain over 24 hour period. There is no way in heck that this guys manure lagoon could have handled that amount of rain or even a 6" gully washer over a few hours. Most of it would have been washed into the south branch and then into the main branch. Can you spell COMPLETE FISH KILL over several miles of stream.

His attorney still seems optimistic about construction continuing, lets hope not.

Mike D