Pontoon regulations

Ryan Kral

Hey guys, I just bought an 8' inflatable pontoon to fish from. I was looking on the Dupage County FP website, and it says that you can use "multichambered inflatables with factory-installed hardened floors and transoms". Does this mean I can't use an inflatable pontoon in the FP lakes? Anyone have any info, let me know. Thanks, Ryan

Guest rich mc

at shabbona , in past years the cpo said they had to have a registration# on thehull like a boat.several drift guys hung a sign on the front with the numbers on. others had trouble trying to register an inflatables in springfield. the office # is 815 824 2106 rich

Hey guys, I just bought an 8' inflatable pontoon to fish from. I was looking on the Dupage County FP website, and it says that you can use "multichambered inflatables with factory-installed hardened floors and transoms". Does this mean I can't use an inflatable pontoon in the FP lakes? Anyone have any info, let me know. Thanks, Ryan

There may be away around it if you regester the boat with the state (I think you need to anyway) because I think they and talking about the little foat tube pontoons

• 2 weeks later...

I have a WaterMaster inflatable My link and have been using it for about a year.

Last year when I first got it I called the4 state and tried to register it. I talked to 4 differant people and got 4 differant answers. Until I talk to a regional supervisor and He told me that if I am allowed to fly fish in a body of water it is then legal to use a float tube. I asked why that was and he stated that, it is understood that flyfishers wade and if use are using a tube or boat that your feet are in the water you are basically wading. He also appologized for the confusion at the office on the subject and says this has been happening more and more over the last few years.

This is my 0.02.

I fish in many public bodies and haven't had a problem yet.