ISA Yellow Sign Posting-New Date

I wanted to bump this back up to the top and remind people of the date - Saturday April 30th at 9:00am

We currently have 3 of the more experienced ISA members signed on to volunteer for the day in Scott F, Jim J and Norm M. Please read Scott's post in this thread regarding the wealth of information that can be gained from this opportunity. This is not only a chance to help the ISA cause and educate people regarding the C&R regulations for smallmouth in Illinois, but a chance to talk fishing, share knowledge and wet a line with fellow members.

Again, please if you can't make the outting, take the time to let us know any area that is need of a new sign.

Thanks,

Tim

I'll be at RiverWatch training that day, but a couple of spots on the Fox in St. Charles could use signs: just below Illinois St. bridge, on the east side, the old post is still in but the sign is gone. The west side with the stream barbs gets a lot of use. I would think a new sign by the footbridge, just north of the terraced stones would be a great, visible location.

I've got the day off. The K3 State Park doesn't need any new signs, at least as of last week. The Des Plaines Conservation Area needs attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Also...

After seeing some of our signs, I think it time to replace ones that are up.

The ones still existing are faded badly, usually with bent poles etc. They look old and run down and represent us poorly.

Having bright new ones up is a much better representaion of the ISA.

That being said, this will take longer with more effort if we are going to do replacements.

Sorry for the delay - Meeting points as follows.

North Group - Will meet at the John J. Duerr Forest Preserve(Formerly Blackhawk Park) Boat Launch @ 9am. It is on route 31 in south elgin 1 mile north of McLean Blvd.

The North Group will cover the Fox river north of Route 88 and parts of the South Branch of the Kishwaukee

I have not heard from anyone in the Rockford Area, but if we have a group or two, I would be willing to make a meeting spot a bit more that way at 10am as well to cover the North Branch of the Kish.

South Group - Will meet at the Damn at Hammel Woods off route 52 in Shorewood @ 9am.

The South Group will cover the Fox south of 88, the Dupage and parts of the Kankakee.

I will have lists of known sign spots and places people have suggested. I have also started printing maps and marking sign locations that will be passed out. I will have another form ready for listing additional signs that get posted that are not on the current list.

Please let me know if anyone has questions.

Tim

Gonna make it an early morning for me, but I'm gonna try to join Jim's group. I'm supposed to arrange a sign posting outing for the western region this summer and I'll benefit from participating with some experienced groups first. I'll need time and place of meeting for Jim's group and keep in mind that I'm not familiar with any of your rivers or streams. I'll need pretty explicit directions. 309-314-2294- Ron

I probably can be available to help if there is any effort in the central region, either on the Mac or north Vermilion or elsewhere. Haven't heard of places, people or equipment for anything down here.

I will join the South group at Hammel.

As for tools, a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and if you can, a cordless drill with a 1/4 inch drill bit and a 5/16 inch nut driver for the drill. Anyone who has a post pounder especially anyone who has one that was purchased by the ISA in years past is encouraged to bring one. Even if you can't stay to help it would be great if we could get back the pounders we gave out before. See you Saturday.

Fred

I can send you donw some signs and hardware. Could you pick up posts and a post pounder?

This can be done any time in the spring and we really could use some conservation help in the Central Region.

No signs on the Mack or Vermillion that I've ever seen.

Let me know if you or others can help.

I have seen signs on the Middle Fork near Danville, and on the Mack, but not many. I used to own a driver, and I'm sure I can find one if I can't locate my old one. I need to get some folks with ideas of where signs ought to be placed. The north Vermilion has a few obvious locations, near Pontiac, then up by Mathiesson. We need to organize a bit of a road trip, I guess. Not sure we can put it together by Saturday. I'll see what I can stir up in the way of others.

• 2 weeks later...