Rockford Show

jude

A post-Blowout throwdown. I love it!

I can see the passion for smallmouth bleeding from the pages.

GUYS- Thanks for your efforts towards the cause!

If there wasn't a passionate discussion about it, our favorite species would disappear off the face of the earth.

Damn right we're passionate about our species, and we're also passionate about our work.

Our reputation in river conservation didn't happen by accident.

I've poured my heart and soul into it every single day for many years, and never forgot those that paved the way for our group to reach this plateau along the way.

Hopefully, we've become a model for others with the same passion and energy to make a difference.

Actually, I have no doubt that we already have made a difference through them.

Jim this year since we had so many back issues we decided to give them out to everyone who came by rather than showing them a sample they all got to take an issue home. I think we gave away over a thousand.

Jim this year since we had so many back issues we decided to give them out to everyone who came by rather than showing them a sample they all got to take an issue home. I think we gave away over a thousand.

Ahhhh.... very cool! cool.gif Good idea, I know there was quite a collection last year.

Could do...

A USB Flash drive imprinted with the ISA logo loaded with PDFs of every Bronzeback Bulletin for the past five years, the IDNR fishing regs, target poaching TIP info, etc., etc., etc.

Take the angle of, "We want to be environmentally-friendly and want new members to share in the knowledge -- thus, the handy USB Flash drive for all new sign-ups. You can re-use it for storing fishing photos, etc...."

USB drives can be simple, eco-friendly, or multi-function (think pocket knife). Be the first paperless booth at the sports shows. Now that would be cool!

Great idea! I want to buy one right now. How much?

It could really work, though it cuts out those who do not have use of a computer. It is not a unique kind of problem. A guy I knew back when worked for AOL for a while. Back then they were furiously debating whether to continue to support the XT and AT versions of their system. I am sure we can figure something out.

Even Ron K has a computer. An he still uses a candle-stick telephone. Nobody uses AOL anymore except for Joz. Seriously. He's their last remaining customer.

[/quote

Eric's post reminds me how humorous it is when today's young technofobs think that the advent of the personal computer ,etc ushered in what has become the most inventive time in human history.Let's consider what invention someone born in the late 19th century at the dawn of the Industrial Age witnessed in just a few decades:indoor plumbing,the automobile,electricity,the airplane,the telephone,the phonograph,the feature film,mass production etc.Kinda makes things like blackberries,bluetooths,mp3s,& iphones etc seem pretty trivial by comparison nest ce pas?

My wifes grandmother[92 years young] moved from Danville il to Michigan in a covered wagon in her youth. She has lived to see men walking on the moon.

I believe she told me Ron K and Jim J operated trading posts along the way.

The flash drive may appeal to younger folks, might be a way to get the organization a little young blood.