IL 2011 Fish Consumption Advisory

Mike G

• 1 month later...

The health risks of methylmercury alone should be highlighted. It does cause central nervous system damage....for those of you who have families....I suggest that you simply do not eat the fish in Illinois and possibly several other states. The risk does NOT out way the benefits! I have extensive work with children who have developmental delays and many of those delays are identified for reasons unknown. I have a daughter of my own....I will NOT allow her to eat any fish until the age of at least 10. The central nervous system takes a very long time to mature. I think there are enough toxins that we are all exposed to on a daily basis which should cause everyone to be careful. It's my personal opinion that it's ridiculous epa regulations are so lax when people are already experiencing health problems due to environmental pollution. Who has our best interest in mind? It really makes me wonder.

Just look at all the new organic products that are now on the market....they are available for a reason...public demand due to better education of what we eat.

There has been a bill on the table for almost 2 or 3 years now but it hasn't been voted on....the bill will make it a law to label any and all food that has been grown with sewage sludge. This is a bill that can and will effect all of our choices of what we eat by being educated with how it's grown. Keep an eye out for this change because it's coming!

Mike,

what do you think it would cost us in order to pay off someone on the panel so they would declare in their recommendations that under no circumstance should a Smallmouth Bass be eaten because of extreme toxicities? :rolleyes:

They taste bad too, Rob. Or so I have heard. Just spread the word. Last time I was in Florida all agreed that Baracuda were dangerous to eat. But they are fun to catch. Of course we could tie Smallmouths to cancer. That would slow the keep rate down. :lol:

Guest rich mc

isnt pollution the reason why there is a no keep on lake michigan smallies? they eat the gobies that munch on the zebra mussels that take the toxins out of the water. thus making them contaminated . rich

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not tying smallies to cancer...maybe erectile dysfunction...that would get some attention!

Maybe not tying smallies to cancer...maybe erectile dysfunction...that would get some attention!

Half your wifes would be feeding you fish all week :lol:

This is a result of the government having their own insurance policy.

Yea you, voter let us take everthing we can from you. Tax you beyond your means, and tell you you have to have

insurance. So you can eat bad fish because we just changed the minimum levels of poison we will allow you to eat.

MY OPINION! POLITICIANS NEED TO LIVE WITH WHAT THEY ARE SHOVELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...