Kishwaukee Stream Barb Project

On Sunday, October 24th, Dan Kane of the Boone Co. Conservation District will be meeting any interested ISA members at the site of their ISA funded stream barb project. He's very excited and grateful for our support, and wants to keep the membership in the loop as to how their money is spent. The project should take place in early to mid November, and he wants us to see the "before" condition at the site. He will explain how it got this way, and what will be done to fix the problem. Some barbs were installed this summer just downstream of our site, so we can get a preview, too.

He's agreed to do it on the weekend so as many members as possible can make it, so let's have a good showing! We will be meeting Dan at the Distillery Road Park entrance at 9:00, but I'm thinking breakfast at Ned's on State St/US20 between Rockford and Belvidere should come first, say 7:30 a.m. Fishing in the park area afterwards is NOT an option, as it will officially be closed to the public for bow hunting. That doesn't mean you can't bring the waders and head into Cherry Valley or Belvidere. Please let me know if you'll be joining us!

PS I need a volunteer to take plenty of "before" pics.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, NW guys! You're not going to make me eat breakfast with Terry all alone, are you?

Seriously, it would be nice to have more than two guys show up for this.

POSTPONED!

Dan has pneumonia and will NOT be able meet us on Sunday. It will be rescheduled on either the 1st or 3rd weekend in November. I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

It's back on for November 20. We'll meet at the Distillery Road Park entrance at 8:00, and go across the street to Ned's afterwards for breakfast. There is no deer hunting that weekend, so if you feel like wetting a line afterwards, that's an option. Please reply here if you're going to make it.

I'm still in and now I have a nifty new HD camcorder I can break in on this outing.

So are the barbs going to be installed already by the 20th?

No...they have a few weeks of paperwork yet. But we will be able to see some recently installed barbs just downstream of "our" barbs.

Yep...still on for Saturday. Last I spoke with Paul, he thought he might make it, and hopefully Kevin D will be in town. Now how about the rest of you NW guys? I promise I won't let Terry dance.