“Man Laws” Men of the Square Table

Jim J

Guest Don R

If you say the words "we'll take my car" or I'll drive" to a fellow angler you will do at least 50% of the driving. 75-100% of the driving by the vehicle owner isn't out of the ordinary.

Man Law.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Don R

Explore a little. Exploring new access points and spots is part of fishing. If you insist on being shown every spot you'll miss out on that part of the adventure.

Man Law.

If you say the words "I'll drive" to a fellow angler this implies two things. 1. We will be taking your vehicle. 2. You will do at least 50% of the driving! 75-100% of the driving by the vehicle owner isn't out of the ordinary.

Man Law.

Don't ever say I'll drive. Not only must you drive to be true to your word; you will wind up paying for the initial fillup of gas. That could be the equivalent of 1-2 cases of beer. If you run down to empty, you will be lucky if "your buddy" goes 50-50 on a fillup. More than likely he will be "a little short on cash." So you will wind up paying for a second fillup (=2 more cases) and another six-twelve pack to help you forget the experience.

Law of Nature!

Corollary: Don't leave home before you agree who buys the beer and who buys the gas. Ideally the budget $$ for beer and the budget $$ for gass should be equal. If the gas budget $$ exceeds the beer $$, shorten the trip.

Law of Nature!