Door County Fishing Guide

Al_Taylor

Can anyone recommend a good guide for the Door County, Wisc. area?

Thanks,

Al Taylor

Dale Strochein at www.wackywalleye.com. He is out of of Sand Bay in Sturgeon Bay. The best guide around in my opinion. Always puts you on fish and the rates are right. He is also owner of Sand Bay Beach Resort. Great place to stay.

Dale Strochein at www.wackywalleye.com. He is out of of Sand Bay in Sturgeon Bay. The best guide around in my opinion. Always puts you on fish and the rates are right. He is also owner of Sand Bay Beach Resort. Great place to stay.

Thank you Steve, I appreciate the info. I will give him a call.

Al

I agree about Dale Strochein. I went out with him in May. He knows a lot of spots and should be able to put you on some good bass. I think his first love is walleye fishing though.

HI Mike,

Its good to know you agree with Steve... high praise!

Thanks for the reply.

Al

I have fished with Captain Andy Stuth TX:920-559-2665 "Door County Charters" http://www.doorcountycharters.com/ He is a great guide and will put you on the fish.

Good Luck

Hi, Thank you for the referral. I am going to contact both guides mentioned and try to work out a trip soon.

Al

Hi, Thank you for the referral. I am going to contact both guides mentioned and try to work out a trip soon.

Al

Al, just got back from Door County last week and the fishing was bad. Talked to a DNR guy doing a creel survey, he had just finished talking to 3 charters that had come in and there were 2 fish taken between all 3 boats. Everyone else I talked to up there gave the same reports that fishing was way down. Hope this helps before deciding to or not get a charter

Al, just got back from Door County last week and the fishing was bad. Talked to a DNR guy doing a creel survey, he had just finished talking to 3 charters that had come in and there were 2 fish taken between all 3 boats. Everyone else I talked to up there gave the same reports that fishing was way down. Hope this helps before deciding to or not get a charter

Brent