Chicago Sports Themed Flies?

Looking at Mike G's "Who Dat Fodder?" thread made me wonder if anyone is willing to take on the challenge of making a few Chicago Sports themed flies.

Would make a nice package on the Blowout raffle table!

Blackhawks- Black/Red/White

Cubs- Blue/White/Red

White Sox- Black/Silver

Bulls- Black/Red

Not even sure how this could be accomplished, or even if it could?

:unsure:

Looking at Mike G's "Who Dat Fodder?" thread made me wonder if anyone is willing to take on the challenge of making a few Chicago Sports themed flies.

Would make a nice package on the Blowout raffle table!

Cubs- Blue/White/Red

White Sox- Black/Silver

Bulls- Black/Red

Not even sure how this could be accomplished, or even if it could?

:unsure:

Mike,

Where da Bears? A simple approach would be bucktail Clousers. Still that Navy blue is a hard color to come by. I will have to check my supplies.

For a Cubs fly you just need to make it out of a material that slowly absorbs watwer then quickly sinks when it becomes saturated, just like a rabbit strip. Maybe a recededing hare worm like the Cubs chances of winning...always going downhill. (Yes they eternally suck...but I am a fan, I don't know why. Maybe that's the definition of a true fan. Next year, again!)

Gettin' more serious here, I call dibs on the Chicago Clouser set. By luck I can do it. Black, red, and white are bucktail staples. A bucktail assortment I got from Cabela's a while back includes the navy blue(Bears), orange (Bears), royal blue (Cubs), and grey (Sox silver) necessary to fill the bill.

Here are the specs I will work to unless I hear different.

da Bears- Navy/Orange

Cubs- Blue/White/Red

White Sox- Black/Silver

Bulls- Black/Red

Though I was hoping I could do Fodders, I found that my materials would not support it. Maybe Craig's would? :)

To display the product reasonably, we need a sheet or card with logos. PMail logos to me or Mike Clifford.

When this is all done, Mike Clifford<, where should I send them (PM preferred).

• 3 weeks later...

"Hey! HeY! Holy Mackerel! The Chicago Clousers are on their way..."

I mailed them to the raffle man on Monday. Here's what they looked like before I turned them over to the USPS hoping they survive.

IMG_3415.jpg

Last thought. These might not work in local waters because of the deep respect our bass have for our teams. For example, da Bear will get mugged on the first cast in Wisconsin while it will go all day without a touch in NE Illinois. :rolleyes:

Guest rich mc

if thats the case , you need to make a cheesehead fly for the lakefront. i see it now the cheesehead popper. who has more fun than isa anglers rich

if thats the case , you need to make a cheesehead fly for the lakefront. i see it now the cheesehead popper. who has more fun than isa anglers rich

Rich,

Our minds are on the same track. No self respecting Illinois Bass would not want to tee off on this one.

IMG_3420.jpg

I can't wait to see the popper.

the chicago flies were an raffle item i tried for but didnt win. they showed and looked very nice.nice job mike. rich

Rich,

Thanks. I am glad to hear they survived the US Mail arriving in good shape. Do you know who won them? I want them to have a good home :mellow:

Thanks, Mike. And thanks to whoever replaced my amateur label with a nice professional job. Best of all, it looks like a good home.