Guest Don R

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

If you've ever fished the apple you would know to bring plenty supply's because it's going to be a long day.

Plenty of snacks for ankletwisting walking/climbing,possibly some rope and carribeaners for repelling in or out,excess tackle to feed all the rock monsters that gobble up your jigs,first aid kit for blisters possible broken ankles and sawgrass ointment industrial sized of course!

Oh the backpack on the Apple is a Must Have!

Help me out here,

Is there much truth to that statement or is part of it clowning around? I have never hit the Apple but was hoping to hit it on the ISA trip later this year.

The reason I ask is because I have a slight handicap that messes with my depth perception at times. The repelling part caught my attention.

I wouldn't want to go and end up being a problem, not that I think I would be any trouble any. Just trying to figure-out what to expect if I were to go.

The Apple is a challenging wade because there is so much rock. The tendency to look at the water rather than where you place your feet can get you in trouble.However, you are rarely wading in water more than a foot deep, so I just fall down and get back up. No problem.

Gregg