Guest Don R

I will be at the booth all day on Wednesday from 2pm until 9:30 pm.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ISA will have a booth at the 'Rosemont' sport show.

http://www.americasoutdoorshow.com/

Wed,1/27 2 PM - 9:30 PM ______ Ed LaRocca Dick G

Thur,1/28 2 PM - 9:30 PM Eugene C Steve K (2 PM - 4:30 PM) Stan Z

Fri, 1/29 2 PM - 9:30 PM Gordon(til 5or6) Steve K (2 PM - 9:30 PM) Tim U

Sat,1/30 10 AM - 8 PM (2 shifts 10-3, 3-8) 10-3 Ted P Mike C , 3-8 ______ ______

Sun,1/31 10 AM - 6 PM Don R Dick G Mike C

Please respond below if you are able to help out. Let's fill in those blanks!

A minimum of two ISA volunteers should be at the booth on each shift. Three volunteers for each shift is ideal. This gives each member a chance to take a break or to see the show.

Many thanks in advance for all volunteer work done for the ISA.

Thanks to Eugene and Stan for volunteering to work the ISA booth on Thursday evening. With two other members already manning the booth, I will withdraw working on Thursday, but will work from 2 pm to 9:30 pm on Friday (with a couple breaks).

Lose my badge or forget to return it, and I'll hunt you down.

:lol:

But seriously, none of our volunteers should be paying for admission if there are badges available.

Simply look at the schedule and take note of a name that isn't there that day.

Grab one that is available.....it's OK!

I'm working on getting extras and will post here when I can get them printed on their end.

Ed told me he would.

Not sure if he follows the forum.

Our conversation was via phone.

More help on Weds. would be GREATLY appreciated.

Can anyone help us out here?

Call me on my cell if there are any concerns while at the show, or offers of help Weds or Thurs-

773-771-9042

A reminder that every volunteer can do this for minimal outlay up front.

The CTA lot has a free shuttle bus, and badges are available for entry.

Check out the site:

http://americasoutdoorshow.com

Volunteer early and often and enjoy the show!

Free transportation from Rosemont CTA station to center and back.

Sponsored by: Chicago Mini-Bus Travel

Just take the Blue Line to Rosemont and we'll do the rest or drive to Rosemont CTA Station

(Parking is $5.00 for 1-14 hours)

Chicago Mini-Bus Travel will have shuttle service from the Blue Line Rosemont Station (5801 N. River Rd) to the Center:

Wednesday - Friday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm

Saturday: 10am - 8pm

Sunday: 10am - 6pm

By each 'shift' I was implying a half day's volunteering at the booth. Meaning a 4 hour shift. The days above weren't split into two shifts (with the exception of Saturday) and perhaps they should have been. Never expected anyone to have to work a whole day at the booth. Due to the lack of volunteers it looks as though some members will be working a full day (meaning 7.5-8 hours!) Our booth at this show gave us a very short amount of time to gather volunteers. We appreciate all of you stepping up to help out!

Stan is working the last 4 hours of Thursday's show. We still need you Steve!

Even with three working on Thursday that leaves at least one of you having to work the whole 7.5 hour shift. So if someone is out there thinking we have plenty of help...please consider helping out for a 4 hour shift of your choosing! Work the booth for 4 hours...get your parking paid. And if there isn't a booth badge at vendor check-in the ISA will pay for your admission as well. Anyone working Wed-Fri can use Mike Clifford's badge. Just please make sure to always turn in your badges to the vendor check-in when done with your shift!

Noted . . . that said, I will plan to work from 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm on Thursday and all day on Friday. That would leave Eugene working solo for just one hour until Stan arrives at 5:30 pm.

List updated and thanks again to all!

. . . and my thanks to you, Don, undoubtedly shared by the ISA membership, for a "Star Quality" job you exemplified in lining up volunteers for the 5-day show. Not an easy task for sure!

I'll be there all weekend (staying over in a local hotel to cut in half the 300 total miles of driving), so if anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to get my attention.

Will be doing time in the booth for multiple shifts both days, then wrapping up at the end and meeting Scott on the way home with all the "stuff".

We can use an extra hand or 2 on Saturday and Sunday if anyone that is reading has considered coming out to help support their club.

As an added BONUS for ISA members, I've sweetened the deal for those stopping by the booth to Renew their Membership or Purchase a Blowout Ticket at the show on Saturday or Sunday.

Check your Constant Contact Email reminder for details.

After working 7-1/2 hours at the ISA booth today, I inadvertantly left my wooden stool at the booth when leaving for home this evening. Chalk it up to weariness . . . not to age please!

I understand that Ted P, Mike C, Tim N and Don R are working the booth on Saturday . . . and Mike C, Don R and Dick G on Sunday. I would greatly appreciate my fellow ISA colleague who lives the nearest to Northbrook bringing my stool home and shooting me a PM of your home address where I can retrieve it. It's quite light in weight, so should be no problem carrying. Thank you . . . most appreciative!

Will also be posting a separate topic in hopes my request is seen before the show.

I want to give a special thanks to Mike Clifford for all the work he did getting us a booth, working the casting, getting workers in, and spending 2 full days (and one night) at the show. I know there were others involved, and I don't want to have any of them feel slighted but without Mike, we could not have pulled this off at all. Thanks Mike.

Also a big thank you to Don Rego, Dick Gronlund, Ed LaRocca, Eugene Collins, Steve Kollman (who may or may not get his stool back! :lol: ), Stan Zarnowiecki, Gordon Patriarca, Tim Urbanowicz, Ted Peterson, Tim Negronida, and Bill Chase who all donated their time in the booth.

Thank you very much!!

I want to give a special thanks to Mike Clifford for all the work he did getting us a booth, working the casting, getting workers in, and spending 2 full days (and one night) at the show. I know there were others involved, and I don't want to have any of them feel slighted but without Mike, we could not have pulled this off at all. Thanks Mike.

Also a big thank you to Don Rego, Dick Gronlund, Ed LaRocca, Eugene Collins, Steve Kollman (who may or may not get his stool back! :lol: ), Stan Zarnowiecki, Gordon Patriarca, Tim Urbanowicz, Ted Peterson, Tim Negronida, and Bill Chase who all donated their time in the booth.

Thank you very much!!

On an equally serious note . . . did any ISA member who worked the Rosemont show on Saturday or today pick up my wooden stool and take it home?!? I certainly hope so. Please advise. Thanks.