Guest Don R

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another aspect.....

I spoke with Jim Sugarman of America's Outdoors Show last night.

Our Kids Casting equipment will be utilized at the Rosemont show as well, but that is being done as a favor to the show promoter and Salmon Unlimited, who will gladly accept the gear and recommendations on setting up the casting field.

Sgt. Tommy's Kids is also helping out with casting rods and volunteers for that portion of the show.

Our principle obligation for volunteers is in the booth itself throughout the 5 days.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

My email:

isaconservation@comcast.net

Spoke to Nick from SU earlier.

His group is meeting for breakfast on Tues. morning (1/26) (8:30) at the McDonalds on Higgins/River Rd., then setting up at the 10 a.m. opening.

This is the day before the event.

I'd like for somebody familiar with the casting field to hook up with them at least at the convention center that morning to go over the details of that.

If this is anyone reading, please email or PM for my number or shoot me yours.

They are extremely grateful of our support and experience on this, so let's show what all those events through these many years have taught us.

The booth is quick and easy to set up, so it isn't a great concern which day that happens, but we can work out the details as we go along.

I plan to attend the Membership Meeting this Saturday at Bass Pro, if that helps to transfer equipment to a volunteer....

Thanks!

I am available to work any shifts on Wednesday, Thursday (until 4:00 pm), Friday and Saturday. That said, however, I have also offered my services at the St. Charles Great Waters Fly Expo on Friday and Saturday. Would prefer to work either day at the St. Charles expo and the other day at the Rosemont Show besides Wednesday thru Friday. Go ahead and plug me in wherever I'm needed and advise.

The ISA will have a booth at the 'Rosemont' sport show.

http://www.americasoutdoorshow.com/

Wed,1/27 2 PM - 9:30 PM Rich M Ed LaRocca Dick G

Thur,1/28 2 PM - 9:30 PM Steve K Eugene C Stan Z

Fri, 1/29 2 PM - 9:30 PM Gordon(til 5or6) Steve K Tim U

Sat,1/30 10 AM - 8 PM (2 shifts 10-3, 3-8) 10-3 Ted P ______ , 3-8 ______ ______

Sun,1/31 10 AM - 6 PM Don R Dick G _______

Please respond below if you are able to help out. Let's fill in the blanks!

Gordon P will work the booth on Friday. Dick G will fill in as needed. Dick will most likely be involved with initial set-up and the break-down on Sunday. I'll also fill in as needed. A minimum of two ISA volunteers should be at the booth on each shift. Three volunteers for each shift is ideal. This gives each member a chance to take a break or to see the show.

Many thanks in advance for all volunteer work done for the ISA.

Wed,1/27 2 PM - 9:30 PM Rich M Steve K

Thur,1/28 2 PM - 9:30 PM Eugene C Steve K (until 4:00 pm)

Fri, 1/29 2 PM - 9:30 PM Gordon(til 5or6) _______

Sat,1/30 10 AM - 8 PM (2 shifts 10-3, 3-8) 10-3 Ted P ______ 3-8 ______ ______

Sun,1/31 10 AM - 6 PM _______ _______

Gordon P will work the booth on Friday. Dick G will fill in as needed. Dick will most likely be involved with initial set-up and the break-down on Sunday. I'll also fill in as needed. A minimum of two ISA volunteers should be at the booth on each shift. Three volunteers for each shift is ideal. This gives each member a chance to take a break or to see the show.

Waiting to record my services on Friday and Saturday until I know when I'll be needed at the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo.

I'll get our "free" badges cleared for those setting up and taking down soon.

Those giving a full 8 hours will get the remaining out of 5 available, first come, first served.

Please note that those giving a minimum of 4 hours will be reimbursed for entrance fees and parking.

Ordering online will save a couple bucks with the following code:

STK 177. Thanks to Sgt. Tommy's Kids for that arrangement.

SCROLL UP TO THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES

I'm still available to provide double or triple duty by working on Friday, Saturday or Sunday (pm only) if you still need help. Just let me know . . . and I'm yours for the asking! Happy to serve as needed. Can also work later Thursday evening providing you give me enough advance notice so I can find a sub to replace me on the tennis courts that evening.

Thur,1/28 2 PM - 9:30 PM Steve K Eugene C ________

Fri, 1/29 2 PM - 9:30 PM Gordon(til 5or6) Steve K____________

Sat,1/30 10 AM - 8 PM (2 shifts 10-3, 3-8) 10-3 Ted P ______ , 3-8 ______ ______

Sun,1/31 10 AM - 6 PM _______ Dick G

A minimum of two ISA volunteers should be at the booth on each shift. Three volunteers for each shift is ideal. This gives each member a chance to take a break or to see the show.

Will free up my schedule to work the entire shifts on both Thursday and Friday. On Saturday I plan to "attend" the show, but will stop by the ISA booth to help out between seminars.

How do we get the parking and admission passes?

Ted Peterson

tedp@vtpeterson.com

There are no passes for parking. You pay to park and send me your receipt, and I'll reimburse you. There are a limited number of vendor show passes with names already on them. I can't say for sure how it will work but we usually leave the passes at the vendor check in desk and when you arrive, get one from there. It may not have YOUR name on it, but it gets you in. Check with Mike Clifford and he can tell you what badge to ask for. If no badge is available, pay for your ticket and again, I'll pay you back. MAKE SURE TO SIGN IN the log sheet in the show binder to show when you were there! As we said before, you will have to work at least 4 hours to get your parking and show ticket money back.

Send your receipts to;

ISA

1506 Roth Dr

Joliet, IL 60431

I'm going to fill in on the weekend as needed. Looking to do 4 hours of ISA booth time each day.

Planning to be there both days, as I'm helping Chauncey and Salmon Unlimited with several other areas when I'm not manning the booth. Casting skills, casting demo pool, fish identification station.

Thur,1/28 2 PM - 9:30 PM Steve K Eugene C Stan Z

Fri, 1/29 2 PM - 9:30 PM Gordon (til 6) Steve K 5-9:30 Tim U

Sat,1/30 10 AM - 8 PM (2 shifts 10-3, 3-8) 10-3 Ted P Mike C , 3-8 ______ ______

Sun,1/31 10 AM - 6 PM Don R Dick G Mike C