Chicago region meeting

We had 29 members and guests come out for our first meeting of 2010 and I was happy to see some new faces in the crowd.Our guest speaker,Colleen Trayser a Simms factory representative is also a member of the ISA.She gave a very interesting presentation on Simms new vibram soled wading shoes and their role in combating invasive organisms.She also brought along some samples for us to examine.Her presentation was very interesting and kept everyones rapt attention throught.After a brief break we heard from members Scott Ferguson and Jim Jozwiak on rigging and fishing their favorite plastics.Their presentation eventually became more of a discusion than a lecture which I thought was good.To cap it all off we had a sucessful raffle with some very nice prizes

All in all I thought it was a pretty successful evening,no one complained about missing the playoffs.

Ed B

Wish I lived closer to the site of the Chicago Region meetings . . . my home community of Northbrook is just too far away. That said, looking forward to seeing you all at the Bronzeback Blowout . . . just don't forget to register.

Really good meeting Ed. Thanks to you and to all that had a part in making it a success. I think Mike Clifford wins the 'distance driven to get to the meeting' award. Bradley to Bolingbrook is almost as far as Northbrook to Bolingbrook! :blink::P

Really good meeting Ed. Thanks to you and to all that had a part in making it a success. I think Mike Clifford wins the 'drove the farthest to get to the meeting' award. Bradley to Bolingbrook is almost as far as Northbrook to Bolingbrook! :blink::P

54 miles as the crow flies from Bradley....but I prefer all expressway, so it's farther than that.

40 from Northbrook to BPS.

It's like going out for a gallon of milk!

:P

Our guest speaker,Colleen Trayser a Simms factory representative is also a member of the ISA.

Great Waters Expo

Exhibit Hall Theater

Saturday Jan. 30

11:45 – 12:30 p.m.

Colleen Trayser of Simms

DRESSED TO FISH: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LAYERING, RAIN GEAR, SUN WEAR AND WADING BOOTS

Our Feburary meeting will be held at the sunmist restaurant in Addison Il which is much closer to Northbrook.This will be a great opportunity to meet your fellow members,have a good breakfast and provide your input for the planning of the coming years events.

Ed B

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been informed that a certain wooden stool now known as "stoolie" will be at our Feburary meeting after his many travels.Should he not be claimed at that time,I am considering offering him as a raffle prize.

The meeting will be held at the sunmist restaurant 501 east Lake street Addison Illinois on Feburary 13th at 9:00am.Don't miss all the fun!

Ed Buric

I have just been informed that a certain wooden stool now known as "stoolie" will be at our Feburary meeting after his many travels.Should he not be claimed at that time,I am considering offering him as a raffle prize.

The meeting will be held at the sunmist restaurant 501 east Lake street Addison Illinois on Feburary 13th at 9:00am.Don't miss all the fun!

Ed Buric

Lest my wooden fly tying stool be offered as a raffle prize at the forthcoming Bronzeback Blowout, I look forward to attending the breakfast on the 13th. Much closer than Bollingbrook for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

One last reminder that our Chicago region meeting for the month of Feburary will be a casual breakfast meeting at the sunmist restaurant 501 East Lake street Addison Illinois at 9:00am on Saturday the 13th.This is a good opportunity to meet your fellow members,talk some fishing,have some fun all while having a good breakfast.Not to mention you will get to see the infamous stoolie

Ed Buric

One last reminder that our Chicago region meeting for the month of Feburary will be a casual breakfast meeting at the sunmist restaurant 501 East Lake street Addison Illinois at 9:00am on Saturday the 13th.This is a good opportunity to meet your fellow members,talk some fishing,have some fun all while having a good breakfast.Not to mention you will get to see the infamous stoolie

Ed Buric

Although I've been an ISA member for four years, my life finally slowed down enough so I could get to my first meeting. You folks were most welcoming and I really enjoyed the conversations with Don, Steve, Jim, Ed, Norm, and Dick. Thanks for a good time (and a winning raffle ticket!). I look forward to the Blowout coming up. Will "stools" also be the theme at that event, too?

Chris M.

Even though Ed Buric was in charge of the meeting, there appeared to be two other "chairmen" at the table. Also, I noticed that I was the only one to have ordered the Smallmouth Fisherman's Breakfast Burrito. Nice to see some new faces.