acadia sports

scotth

I purchased a baitcaster and received another one free, different size. For the money they're not bad rods. You may not confuse them with a St Croix, but they're comparable to a Bass Pro Extreme rod, which I have.

I'm still using both of them. I also bought a baitcaster reel from them, which I'm still using.

My opinion you get what you pay for.With as much as we fish the last thing you want is a piece of inferior equipment. With that said there are many new quality price point rods out. I will list a few that I think would meet many peoples requirements. Wright&McGill have come out with a line of Skeet Reese rods,not bad for $89.99/Abu Garcia have a new rod called the Vendetta for 79.95/falcon just released a rod called the Bucoo for 99.99/and Kistler has the carbon steel for 99.95. All these rods have split grips and some have the fuji components. A lot of times companies that have the 300-400 rods make these lower priced rods with some of there higher priced parts. You can find most of these rods at tacklewharehouse/bass pro also carries some to.

My opinion you get what you pay for.With as much as we fish the last thing you want is a piece of inferior equipment. With that said there are many new quality price point rods out. I will list a few that I think would meet many peoples requirements. Wright&McGill have come out with a line of Skeet Reese rods,not bad for $89.99/Abu Garcia have a new rod called the Vendetta for 79.95/falcon just released a rod called the Bucoo for 99.99/and Kistler has the carbon steel for 99.95. All these rods have split grips and some have the fuji components. A lot of times companies that have the 300-400 rods make these lower priced rods with some of there higher priced parts. You can find most of these rods at tacklewharehouse/bass pro also carries some to.

oh, i agree..but, i bank fish 99% of the time and do alot of hiking through brambles, briars, over log jams, etc., so 70.00 is about as much i want to spend on a rod. if i can get 2 for 70.00, hey, i'm all for that..and i won't cry so much if it breaks. i use, right now, berkley lightning rods, but thought these acadias might be a bit stiffer for the action (from reviews).. :D

I understand where you are coming from,but a lot of these rods have replacement policies if it gets broke. I use Kistlers rods for the most part and are impressed with there durability. I use the Kistler helium2ltx and at 349 I understand its not for everyone,but the improved feel you get with these rods is unparelled. The rod they have that I think you should still take a look at is the kistler carbon steel. Its advertised as virtually industructable. It comes with stainless guides and frames. I know a few owners and they rave about there performance. Take a look at tacklewharehouse.com,this is a none paid recomendation. This brings up a good point,maybe isa could set up a test day like the bassbuggers do. I know I would enjoy it because its hard to test all rods before a purchase.