Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" Dead

Mike Clifford

Mike

Maybe this thread can be moved to the conservation topic. Some will say what they will about his wacky exploits, but Steve's passion for wildlife conservation is his legacy. I thought he made things so interesting and had so much charisma and magnetism. While still a novice, I have been studying herps all my life. I was always told I would grow out of it, but its hard for me to walk by a log or rock without flipping it to see what is underneath. Steve brought guys like me "out of the woodwork".

I can't imagine the hole that is left in his family's lives. He led a dangerous life in pursuit of his causes. Still, it was a shock to hear the news, a real tragedy.

We lost one of the "good guys" IMHO. :(

Mike, muchas gracias for the post.

I can think of a thousand things I would rather do than watch television. One of them is nothing. In the last 3 years, I bet I watched less than 10 hours of TV. A number I'm proud of. Half of that was Croc Hunter footage. Steve and his wife Terry had great shows, stuff you would be happy to have your kids watch.

Steve was a class act. And yes, RIP. Sad. very sad.

The guy lived life to the fullest.

R.I.P. Steve.

News Articles

I truly appreciated the work Steve completed. He really made a difference because of his passion in the conservation arena...who said one person can't make a difference? Steve will be missed. I am sad because Steve was a unique individual who loved all living things and worked hard to make the world a better place. He was genuine. His life really showed all of us that we can accomplish great things.

Forever he has left his mark.