If you only had one lure ?

dholschuh

3 1/3" tube rigged weedless or with a wire weed guard in a weight that ticks the bottom but doesn't keep snagging up. This changes depending on current, depth and bottom content. If the water is clear I go with a rootbeer peeper color, kind of a light brown. If the water has some color I use black or dark green. Every time fish contact is made I also throw some type of crank bait that again ticks bottom but doesn't hang up. Clear water light colors dark water dark colors. I just started using spoonplugs again a metal crankbait. If it's warm and there's a lot of water to cover I'd start with the crankbait. If you happen to have clear water you have to try a topwater bait maybe a torpedo type bait that you can fish fast or slow and a fluke type bait. I've had some days especially over in Indiana when a topwater is the only thing that will trigger a strike. So all that said put me down for a tube especially considering that with winter coming that's what I'll throw the most.

Phil F

As well as rattlebaits have done over the last two months, I still wouldn't call them or any other lure my go to bait. I prefer to fish crankbaits but I'll let the conditions dictate the choice. The only time I'd only carry one lure was if I was trying to get a crash course in learning that lure.

I'll take the Lucky Craft Sammy. Zig-zagging it across the surface of the water Is entertaining to watch and helps to align my chi. Catching fish on it is a bonus and the odds are great with six sharp hooks.

On the back of the package it even says, "As an entertainer serving the fishing community, we strive to deliver the best performance so as to create hope, kindle comradeship, generate eternal interest, and help achieve glory."

We all know it's about the glory!

I DO feel that way about Sammy, and fellow Sammy throwers. I thought it was BS at first, but like a Chinese fortune cookie that comes true, these english strained words have proven truer than I could have guessed.

Time to write the Sammy theme song. Stay tuned.

I'll take the Lucky Craft Sammy. Zig-zagging it across the surface of the water Is entertaining to watch and helps to align my chi. Catching fish on it is a bonus and the odds are great with six sharp hooks.

On the back of the package it even says, "As an entertainer serving the fishing community, we strive to deliver the best performance so as to create hope, kindle comradeship, generate eternal interest, and help achieve glory."

We all know it's about the glory!

I'll withdraw my earlier vote and cast it for the Sammy - its my favorite lure to throw by far!

If I had only one lure I'd be bummed. I'll cast another vote for the Sammy. Anyone naming a baby girl anytime soon? How about Cadence? You can buy her a dog named Sammy and teach her how to walk it.

If I had only one lure I'd be bummed. I'll cast another vote for the Sammy. Anyone naming a baby girl anytime soon? How about Cadence? You can buy her a dog named Sammy and teach her how to walk it.

Get busy Don

• 4 weeks later...