Swim Jigs

Todd Fullhart

Guest rich mc

look in the newsletter for the warrior jig ad. also go down to the tackle forum and look for back posts. brouvarney jigs is another supplier .i fish a lake yesterdayafter throwing rattletraps, and other cranks ,put on a swim jig and 16 incher on the second cast. blue and white shabbona special . rich

Thanks to Jim Kast for turning me onto the swim jig I now cant put them down. I prefer the Brovarney swimjigs in 1/4 once with the grub trailers they also sell. I love the gringo color with the plain white grub trailer. The trailers match up perfect with the grubs.

You can use them in almost any situation on rivers an lakes, you can retrieve them anyway you prefer, and they come trough some of the toughest cover with ease and hardly ever snag up. Most times the biggest fish I get in an outing come on the swimjig.

I used a swimjig for the first time this year and can now say I have caught a smallie on a new bait. I first thought a 1/4 ounce was a little heavy before I used it. I'm used to fishing an 1/8 slider head off the bottom. The 1/4 ounce swimjig from Jonn Graham was the ticket. Jim Kast B) should have bought stock on these products this winter. I have added many to my collection.

It's a great change of pace presentation to add to the collection. Many people refer to them as search baits.

Check some other posts as there are many posts on swimjigs.

I will be using them again this weekend. I like the Zoom Swimmin' Chunk and also I have some older FLW salt & garlic chunks

that I trailer them with. In a pinch - a twin tailed grub of any sorts will work also - especially if you need a smaller profile with

a faster fall rate to keep the jig in the strike zone in swifter currents.

If you have not - solicit Jonn Graham of the ISA for some of his Swimmin' Jigs - they rock!! I trailer them the same way - I

think the water temps are now warm enough that you can leave the hair jigs @ home unless you really produce some bites

on them. I have put them up but you never know - results may vary.

Thanks all for the kind words concerning my jigs. I am in the process of working up a new type of swim jig that I think will really excite some folks here on this board. The prototypes that I have been working with have been exciting to me. Todd, when it comes to swim jigs, Mr. Kast is the "yoda" of swim jiggin' :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I am also an avid swim jigger. I wrote an article for the newsletter a couple of months ago. I would be more than happy to help anyone out with these. They are one of the most under utilized lures out there. They may be one of the best baits for catching multiple fish from one spot as they do not tend to spook the fish as they are brought through an area. They are also one of the most versitile baits as well. As some have already stated, they can be fished anywhere and at any time. Their only limitation is the fisherman's imagination.

Feel free to email me to get quickest replies as I do not get here as often as I would like.

droddicksmall@hotmail.com

Darin

• 2 weeks later...

I make my own. I get my materials from Stamina.

Checkout www.venomlures.com . They were running a great special on swimming jigs/chatterbaits.

While some companies call their chatterbaits, "swim jigs", make no mistake that swim jigs and chatterbaits are not the same. Rick, I think you are referring to chatterbaits while others are talking about actual "swim jigs". Just thought I needed to clear that up.

I called Jonn and ordered several dozen some swim jigs to use. I thought I would originally only fish them for smallies but then discovered that they are also quite effective for LM's too as my 10 year old son Quinn and I have caught both types of fish on his swimjigs rigged with some type of plastic. My son then talked Jonn into making us several dozen more at the Riverside Fishing Club Meeting Jonn spoke at so it is swimjigpalooza for us! :) The quality is top notch!

• 2 weeks later...

Jonn.

I apologize. I do use the description in a vague manner. Some of of here call the swim jigs ,"wiggle" jigs.

Kind of a regional "hill country" description.