ISA C&R Sign Posting-In Review

Guest Don R

"BRING A RAIN JACKET-BOOTS, ETC."

Ok...perhaps a parka would have been in order this morning!

Wow, what a fantastic turn-out for this event!

Thanks go out to all 16 members that came out to install posts and signs on a very cold and windy day.

Because we had a great number of members show up we were able to posts signs on the DuPage and get a good start on the Fox. We broke up in to five teams and the rough count stands at 30+ signs installed for the Dupage and 20 along the Fox River.

2d1q0c5.jpg

Three members proudly accepted their first time volunteer pins. Thanks guys...keep up the good work!

We'll finish the Fox River sign postings soon. Please keep an eye on the conservation forum for more details.

Guest Don R

Pat H, Matt K and I put up signs along the west side of the Fox River. Great working with you two. ;)

Here Pat and Matt install a sign below a dam.

k56avl.jpg

Out with the old, faded and broken sign...in with the new.

1221e1k.jpg

The Chicago region showed what they're made of today. HA.

The south guys put up 23 so our count is over 60 signs and they covered over 40 miles of the DuPage River from Carol Stream to Channahon.

That doesn't include the miles along the Fox.

Also... bags of trash were picked up. Don't have a count.

Great job and thanks to everyone!!!

P.S. The south boys also got 8 fish afterwards...

OK, I finally got a few minutes to go through my pics and make a post. Here's a shot of the group during the instructioinal session.

The first sign goes in, while a few of us were pre-drilling the rest of the signs.

The Conservation Signage Crew, minus me who was behind the camera.

Dick G and I took off to hit some access spots on the West Branch. And now, sung badly to Elvis' "In The Ghetto"....

"On a cold and wet April morning, another conservation sign went up, on the West Branch.... on the West Branch.... and the smallies smiled!"

(Sorry, I think I've had too much coffee this morning.)

And lastly.... here's Dick G out on an island, taking time to pose before the sirens got too close.

Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to fish afterwards, but it was a very eventful day nonetheless! Thanks to everyone for coming out and helping with this project.

Guest Don R

Could be just a coincidence that Dick G and I caught 4 smallies a piece right after we finished putting up four more C&R / poaching signs from Oswego to Yorkville on the Fox...but I like to think it was more than that ;)