ISA C&R Sign Posting-In Review

On Saturday, April 26th, the ISA will be posting our new yellow catch and release signs along the DuPage River. We will meet in along the river at Weigand Park in Naperville at 7:30 and be on the road by 8:00. We will send teams north and south along the main river and both branches.

UNLESS IT'S TOTALLY DOWNPOURING AND LIGHTENING, WE WILL DO THIS EVEN IF IT'S RAINING. BRING A RAIN JACKET-BOOTS, ETC.

There is a McDonalds at Weber and Boughton Rds. I will probably get a fast breakfast there at 7:00 if anyone wants to join me.

Signs, post pounders, screws, posts and donuts will be provided by the ISA. We will also have trash bags to make it a double whammy. Please bring a power screwdriver (if you have one) work gloves, a camera and boots or waders to work in.

Mike: I have 40 white/green signs We will post all.

EDIT!

Stuff to bring:

Screwdrivers

pliers

work gloves

camera

boots

I NEED TRASH BAGS!

Someone to pick up donuts.

ISA conservation pins

When we did this 5 years ago, it was very successful and I’m counting on a bunch of people to make this happen again.

This is a really great way to learn access spots, earn your ISA conservation pin and do some great conservation work.

I think this is our first ISA conservation outing of the year so let’s start the year off with a bang and show em what we got.

Thanks.

Jim J

Here is an update.

Don and I are working on a list of spots from where John L mentioned to Shorewood. Don and I both discussed them and we pretty much know. John, I can e-mail you my list so you can check it against what you want to do and if I missed some stuff you can add. Right now I have about 30 places on my list but (excluding East Branch)

I have three post pounders and will check on having enough other stuff by Saturday. I will pre drill holes in the signs to make it go faster (run from the cops). John do you have a pounder? It's much harder to put up signs with a hammer. It can be done but not nearly as easy or effective so if anyone out there has a post pounder please bring it.

I did not map out the east Branch as it has fewer access points etc. That's not to say we should not do some but we can see who shows on Sat. I can fit 3 in my car in addition to sign posts etc.

John can you give me a number of posts and signs you have?

I have a feeling we may need more before Sat.

Right now I count 31 locations not counting East Branch. I will count my signs and posts tomorrow.

Also, Don do you have any of these items?

Guest Don R
Little confused, John. Does this event conflict with the Bassbugger outing? Or IS this the bassbugger event?

Fredmo,

I'll answer for John. The two events don't conflict with each other and are seperate. You are welcome to help out with the sign postings or to just attend the bassbugger outing (or both). The sign postings shouldn't take more than two or three hours at best.

Guest Don R

As of now it looks like work will not prevent me from attending this event. I'll bring 10 posts and 20 signs. I'll also bring an event sign-in sheet, a camera and extra work gloves for those that forget them.

See you there.

Don

I'll be there with my drill-screwdriver. I've got about 2 miles of extension cords-that should reach to the nearest houses along the river.

Brought to top.

PLEASE RE-READ INFO IN FIRST POST.

THANK YOU.

EDIT!

Stuff to bring:

Screwdrivers

pliers

work gloves

camera

boots

I NEED TRASH BAGS!

Someone to pick up donuts.

ISA conservation pins

Guest Don R

I'll bring the bags and donuts. Not sure what size washers are needed. We'll have to grab those in the morning. I also found two volunteer pins. If we need a third, I'll take mine off my hat :P

Guest Don R

"There is a McDonalds at Weber and Boughton Rds. I will probably get a fast breakfast there at 7:00 if anyone wants to join me."

You buying or is it on Jim Kast again? :P