Jim-

Come down to Kankakee County Fairgrounds in the morning.

I intend to see to it every person knows exactly how to make a profound difference in the quality of our outdoors experiences.

It isn't realistic to expect that one organization or a handful of concerned citizens can make drastic changes.

Every individual working in some fashion, if only a little.....does make a difference.

I'll show you how.

;)

We all make a positive difference which is why we are all here. ISA's goals and achievements are respectable because of everyone involved. My point is, as a club we are doing everything we can, but the state of Illionois isn't doing everything they can at the government level of support. My hat goes off to all those who work so hard who are employed by the State.

This whole discussion was to generate ideas from members on how to minimize poaching. Often it doesn't need much of our attention, however, here is a summary of things we can do...

1. Poaching may not be as serious of a threat but still posses problems. (safety of others, endangered species, ect.)

2. The ISA signs are important.

3. The yellow cards are important to keep handy and use.

4. Reporting violations seems safer than confronting violators yourself. However, asking someone how they did or what they caught couldn't hurt. Often people tell on themselves because of their excitment on what they caught. Using your best judgement is important.

5. Educating kids is important.

6. Getting to know your conservation officers and park employees is important.

7. Keeping up to date with rules and regulations.

8. Be aware that police officers can be helpful if it's necessary.

7. Lastly, getting on the water as much as you can to monitor areas when the CPO's can't is important.

Feel free to add to the list if you think of something you'd like to add to the list.

Thankyou to everyone who participated in this thread. ;)

Jim

WOW.

At this point, I can't add a whole lot to what you listed, Jim.

A very well composed and thought-provoking post and thread.

My only addition stems from my own personal perspective on things.

In the absence of government involvement, the onus falls on each and every one of us to save what is worth saving.

I truly believe it can and does work when Big Brother takes a hike.

No matter how dismal it may seem, we still hold the power in each and every one of us.

I sincerely hope more members will think for a moment and add something to the mix.

Really good stuff here.

Exercise your rights as a citizen, actually I feel they are your duties as a citizen to vote and to let your elected officials know what you think. Stay in contact, give them hell when necessary but don't be shy about giving them an atta boy when they deserve it either.