Yum Crawbugs and Power Tubes

Mark O'Donnell

Mark....there are many ways to rig these as you know, but for the crawbugs I use either a 1/0 or 2/0 hooks and a slip weight of either a 1/32nd, 1/16th or 1/8 oz. Place the hook thru the tail about 1/8" down and then turn the hook back around and bring it thru the top portion of the crawbug. Place the tip slightly back into the crawbug to make it weedless. This has produced some of the largest fish for me over the last 2 years. As for the crawbugs, the 2-1/2 inch ones work the best. Always keep an eye on the river flow because that determines the depth and the time that it sits in front of the target...the Smallie. I hope this helps you out. Another bait of choice that I was turned onto was the Super fluke jr. The bass just eat up just about everytime.

Guest Don R

This is a 1/16th ounce ball head jig inserted into a Yum crawbug. This jig has a rather large hook gap. With a slightly smaller gap one could simply not push the hook point through the top thereby making the rig weedless.

This is similiar to what Terry describes above. Sorry for the blur...

Don R

• 1 month later...