Tahquamenon Upper falls access

JOHN SCHENCK

There is a second set of falls, the lower falls,  You can put a kayak in there, but I doubt you could kayak up and over the falls to the upper falls.

The first picture is looking upstream toward the lower falls, the second is a closeup of the lower falls.  I don’t think there is any road access to the river between the upper and lower falls.

23D70175-BA87-4439-8293-5652D1A9F0CA.jpeg

CE76DF37-6E67-494D-A21B-B125ED06BCC0.jpeg

Once you get above the lower falls,  you would have to carry kayak down several stairs to get to the water.  First picture is looking upstream from lower falls , [see Scott's picture]. Second pictures is the way to get down to calmer water below upper falls. The last picture is looking at the water you would be kayaking,  taken from the upper falls. Maybe not the best place to kayak .

IMG_5281 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5343 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5296 (800x533).jpg

On 8/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, Scott Ferguson said:

There is a second set of falls, the lower falls,  You can put a kayak in there, but I doubt you could kayak up and over the falls to the upper falls.

The first picture is looking upstream toward the lower falls, the second is a closeup of the lower falls.  I don’t think there is any road access to the river between the upper and lower falls.

23D70175-BA87-4439-8293-5652D1A9F0CA.jpeg

CE76DF37-6E67-494D-A21B-B125ED06BCC0.jpeg

So cool! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics! 

2 hours ago, Dick G said:

Once you get above the lower falls,  you would have to carry kayak down several stairs to get to the water.  First picture is looking upstream from lower falls , [see Scott's picture]. Second pictures is the way to get down to calmer water below upper falls. The last picture is looking at the water you would be kayaking,  taken from the upper falls. Maybe not the best place to kayak .

IMG_5281 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5343 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5296 (800x533).jpg

Great advice and wonderful pictures. We may just kayak below the lower falls then if it works out.