saw on the news of two possible hog farms wanting to build in winnebago county.    one is 5k hogs .     same story  agriculture says all the waste will be contained in pits and spread on fields as fertilizer . they did mention sugar creek.  

Nic Anderson of the ILDG is still sticking his nose in everything? The IDOA will invariably rubber stamp the project, but that is far from meaning it will actually happen. 

31 minutes ago, Paul Trybul said:

So their solution to the manure problem is to spread it in the fields in the fall and give it all Fall, Winter and early spring to run off into the rivers?

On a trip to Madison VA there was a field along I90 that was getting a fresh layer of manure. Talk about stink. Very offensive smell. Horrible.

The whole system is jacked, we all know it, not sure how to fix it.

And on top of that the amount of food that's thrown out each year,...... it's sickening!

23 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I saw this message from the Driftless Angler.  Timber Coulee.  I never fished it but I did ride my bike thru the area. It's freaking beautiful. 

https://www.driftlessangler.com/articles/view/504

i was just looking at that site last week, getting curious about chasing trout.