Creek Gods Were Smiling On Me

I know some of you have seen my  post from fishing the creek near me for smallies. I been doing fairly well on this small water catching smallies from  6 inches up to my PB for the creek a 19 1/2  inches.  I thought that this would be a great water to have our signs posted on smallmouth conservation.  Talked with Scott and he thought it would be a good thing. Was able to contact Gabe Powers the fisheries manager for the McHenry County Conservation District.  He was able to get the permission to have the signs put up on the creek. They are even doing the installation of the signs at the site. It was great seeing the sign at one of the areas that people fish. Gabe is very interested in getting a working relationship with the ISA. I will be passing his info along to Terry and they can talk shop. Well maybe the creek thanked  me today for thinking about the conservation of this great little water. It rewarded me with this great walleye a beautiful 29 1/2 inch fish today. Caught others but most were in the 14 inch range. All fish came on the JimmyDs Riverbug in the custom color he ties for me. I feel very fortunate to have a water like this so close to my house. The MCCD has been doing a ton of work on this creek and it obviously is paying off. If we have a Blowout next spring I think Gabe may be a great speaker for us to consider and when I talked with him he was open to the idea. I could have posted this in the Other Gamefish section but even though it is a great walleye the conservation side  and sign posting is a bigger deal. Take care and get out and fish!

20200626_175322_resize_59.jpg

20200626_145344_resize_44.jpg

20200626_170516_resize_86.jpg