DuPage River Kayak Tournament

Hello all,

I just wanted to share that we are a little less than a month out from the first in-person river kayak (smallmouth bass) tournament I have put together for the year. Some of you may have seen the online tournaments Eric S has shared on the forums and this is similar to that but takes place over the course of a single day. On Sunday, April 5th we'll set off to catch the best 5 smallmouth that we can, documenting them by photo/measuring board to ensure a quick catch and release. The complete details and signup process can be found HERE.

The basic details are as follows:

Entry Fee: $49 --- Includes $5 TourneyX fee, $2 admin/judge fee*, $1.61 Paypal fee
*used to convince someone to sit around looking at fish pictures all day
Optional $10 big bass pot (100% payout)

Northern Boundary: Ogden Ave (Route 34), Naperville, IL
Southern Boundary: Channahon State Park, Channahon, IL 

Format: Best 5 bass (length), 12 inch minimum
Eligible Fish Pictures:  All fish pictures must be loaded into your TourneyX.com dashboard to be scored for this event.  Each fish must be a minimum of 12 inches in length. Each fish must be measured on a Hawg Trough or Ketch Products bump board with your tournament identifier in view. EXIF (location) data must be attached to each image file submitted for verification that the fish was caught in eligible waters. Due to the energetic nature of river Smallmouth Bass, PICTURES MAY BE SUBMITTED WITH AN OPEN MOUTH WITHOUT PENALTY.

John S asked a great question about wading during these tournaments. The rules of these tournaments are based on KBF (Kayak Bass Fishing) standards, and per their rules, an angler MAY wade as long as a kayak was used to get to a given location and if the kayak is within view of the angler. 

Someone else asked if a canoe can be used and this is a perfectly acceptable watercraft as well. There cannot be any motor, electric or gas, in any case, however. In my opinion, one of the beauties of river kayak fishing is the the simplicity and the lack of an environmental footprint. As such, human powered craft is the only way for this tournament series.

Hope to see a few of you join us for some great pre-spawn fishing.

Collin

On 3/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, k olson said:

What if the river is blown out ?  Will the tourney offer a refund if cxl ?

I mean....... is it even still on given the current situation?

Regardless should probably have a threshold of  "safe" river levels and anything above that it's postponed.??