Robert Thompson - Filmaker

Stan Zarnawecki - OBTU sale

Guides:

Dan Boggs - Flying Musky Guide Co.

Abe Downs - Great Northern Fly Fishing

Craig Riendeau - Off The Deep Edge

P J Smith - PJ's Guide Service

Kyle Zempel - Black Earth Angling

Mike Allen .& Kurt Nelson - Midwest Waters Angling Co.

Clubs:

Dave Kuntzelman – Chi Tie

Jim Schmeidescamp –OBTU

Ed Miller – Nifty

Drift - Lanning Hochhauser

ISA - Bart Durham

Doug Taylor, Sage Pro Staff

Spey Casting Instruction

Featured Tyer:

Dennis Potter - Riverhouse Fly Co.

Robert Thompson is an Emmy awarding winning producer currently living and working in Chicago, IL. A former Michigander, Thompson grew up in the north east part of the state as an avid fisherman and found his way to a fly rod in 2004. Fly fishing soon became an obsession and in 2009, he combined his background in film & television and his love for fly fishing to create fly fishing documentaries. His first film Night of the Hex was released in 2010, followed closely by Musky County in 2011, Heart of the Driftless in 2012, The River in 2014, Spey Daze in 2017 and latest release Summer Haze in 2019. All of his films are set in the Midwest and parts of four have been featured in the Fly Fishing Film Tour.

Robert Thompson will talk about his experience filming around some of the best locations in the Midwest.

Early show 1.jpg

Early show 2.jpg

Dennis Potter owner of Riverhouse Fly Co. has patterns in the Umpqua catalog. His tying theater will be at the show & he will demo his unique patterns.

Early Show 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first year I have been able to attend (usually I'm fishing Muskies somewhere!) and I have to say it's a nice little show with some good deals at it. It was great to see some old faces. There were some great deals by some of the vendors. I bought some materials and tools from Hawkeye Fly,  a tying bag and line (both 50% off!) from Matt at the Driftless Angler, a couple new/improved version Shannon's streamers from Rich, and a few used DVD's from another shop for 5$ ea. Jeremy from Dupage Fly Co was there with some great deals on Lamson reels but I'm all set for reels at this point. I was even able to grab a brat and rootbeer on the way out that were pretty tasty. Thanks to John for putting this together. It was a nice assortment of vendors for a smaller event like this.