NWR Apple Wade Report

On Saturday July 13th, the NW region had its first wade outing of the season. The group consisted of 5 of us: Kevin, Eric, Jeremy, Jarod, and me. It was a hot sunny day but the limestone bluffs provided some needed shade as we waded this gem of a river. The water level was good for wading but for some unknown reason there was a stain to the water. My theory is that cattle from farms upstream like to wade in the cool water on a hot day. Fishing started out pretty slow but heated up as the day heated up. Most of the fish were caught on those ned rig type lures and I got a good chug bug bite going late morning and into the early afternoon. Everyone in the group caught at least double digit numbers of smallmouth.  No trophy class fish were caught but we did get a few in that 16" range. Those are always fun in a small stream. Thank you for all that attended. I enjoyed the comradery and the fishing in this beautiful setting. 

Eric.jpgApple Bluff.jpgApple Smallie.jpg

• 3 weeks later...