June 2019 river smallmouth tournament

Eric

A unique online tournament that’s River smallmouth-only and runs June 7 to June 30.

Allows shore, wade, kayak, canoe fishing.

Read full rules here:

https://tourneyx.com/app/lib/rules/1559321554_SS_June_2019_Rules_.pdf

5 biggest river smallies scored make your catch total (inches), and you can cull along the way. 

$25 entry fee. Uses the TourneyX app. If interested, register here:

https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/river-runners-smallmouth-showdown

This is a good one for smallmouth enthusiasts who want to dip their toe into tourney fishing and it’s very unique in that it’s river smallmouth-only! 

• 2 weeks later...

Eric is closing in on 90" already, that # would win 90% of all Kayak tourneys and that would be large mouth bass, this guy is doing it with smallies, dude is a pro, I didn't even have the balls to sign up this time around; however there is another guy that is within 10" or so of catching him, two weeks left.

11 hours ago, k olson said:

Eric is closing in on 90" already, that # would win 90% of all Kayak tourneys and that would be large mouth bass, this guy is doing it with smallies, dude is a pro, I didn't even have the balls to sign up this time around; however there is another guy that is within 10" or so of catching him, two weeks left.

Nice! That sounds fun, not surprised! 

• 3 weeks later...

Ha! Thanks.

Friend Erik O. is a veteran “river rat” who covers the northern stretches of the Fox ... and represents it well! Like us, he’s a smallmouth junkie, but realistically ... a really humble and talented  multi-species angler. I don’t know too many people who have their finger on the pulse of the Fox like him. I’ve had him out kayaking with me at least a half-dozen times. We’ve traded spots throughout the years and we were encouraging and rooting for each other in this tourney. It’s just a for fun / pride thing. Kind of “let’s see what we can do on the Fox” kind of thing.

Hopefully, we’ll see more local river-smallmouth-only bass tournaments in the future.

Congrats on the Tourney win and thanks for the kind words, Eric! Means alot coming from the best on the Fox in my humble opinion. It was fun and I really did put in the best effort I could. Those bump boards really have a way of humbling you..fish I would swear were 18+ only measure 16! 

Nice job by Kevin D to make a run to almost 80", both Eric's are pro's I have learned from past experience, I cant image the amount of hours it takes to really know the fox, I have tried for several years but it never really amounts to much because I don't fish it on a regular basis.  Congrats to both Eric's and yes bump boards do not lie !!!

17 hours ago, k olson said:

Nice job by Kevin D to make a run to almost 80", both Eric's are pro's I have learned from past experience, I cant image the amount of hours it takes to really know the fox, I have tried for several years but it never really amounts to much because I don't fish it on a regular basis.  Congrats to both Eric's and yes bump boards do not lie !!!

Thanks for the kind words Kyle! It was a good experience and that was my main goal. It was a bit humbling but also had some good learnings were had.

Congrats to both Eric and Erik for putting up some impressive numbers and kicking bass!!

As far as I know, the tournament director is the only person who can see the location data on the fish photos submitted. That’s to ensure that the fish were indeed scored on or at a river and not near any lakes or pond (river smallmouth only for this tournament).

Location data is not available to the other competitors.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, k olson said:

yes bump boards do not lie !!!

No doubt, bump boards and yoga pants don't lie.

Congrats to you guys putting on a good competitive show in a month that did not offer very good fishing conditions. I'm not much for tournaments but I do like these kind of formats and would consider giving one a try in the future. I could put up some competitive numbers in the fall if conditions are right.

Definitely Paul. You’d rep your local rivers well. I really dig the river-smallmouth-only format, and that it allowed shore fishing. 

There are monthly tournaments with KBF rules, but as of now, they are paddle-powered and include river largemouth. It’s really disappointing to string together a sizable bag of smallies only to get completely eclipsed by LM. Not in favor of tourneys that mix bass, although I’ve won several with all smallies.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, Kev-mo said:

Thanks for the kind words Kyle! It was a good experience and that was my main goal. It was a bit humbling but also had some good learnings were had.

Congrats to both Eric and Erik for putting up some impressive numbers and kicking bass!!

Who the hell is Kyle lol ??

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Kev-mo said:

lol, yeah i kinda didn't think that was right when i was typing it but was in a hurry... Kip right?

yes it is, kinda my fault though, could have put my full name down for this site, I tried to correct it at one point but had trouble in doing so, nice job in tourney

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Kev-mo said:

lol, yeah i kinda didn't think that was right when i was typing it but was in a hurry... Kip right?