Dupage water level

SLeheney

That's almost 10 times the normal flow.  I suppose it depends on how skilled you are and how comfortable. I assume there is no fishing   :-)

4 hours ago, SLeheney said:

What would everyone consider a “safe” kayaking flow rate for the Dupage near Shorewood and to the south of there. Currently at 2570 CFS and dropping, hoping to get out possibly on Sunday. 

35 minutes ago, Terry Dodge said:

Sounds like DANGER to me.

We just set a record for rainfall  for May.  Duh.

These are questions that should not be on any forums anywhere. "How safe?"  Answer:   Safe enough so you don't have to ask.

This is why everyone should do jury duty, especially in a civil case.

Guys, I realize I shouldn’t have asked the “safe” question and apologize. I was just trying to get a feel for what the range people typically kayak this river since I’m used to the Fox mostly.

Also, I wouldn’t even think about going out when it was at the 2500 level, but was being hopeful it had a chance of getting to an ok level by sometime on Sunday. More of a wishful thinking, just really want to get out soon. 

19 hours ago, SLeheney said:

Guys, I realize I shouldn’t have asked the “safe” question and apologize. I was just trying to get a feel for what the range people typically kayak this river since I’m used to the Fox mostly.

Also, I wouldn’t even think about going out when it was at the 2500 level, but was being hopeful it had a chance of getting to an ok level by sometime on Sunday. More of a wishful thinking, just really want to get out soon. 

Hey no worries.  That's just my opinion on the matter. 

I stopped at Rock Run Rookery talked some guys with yaks.  They said they were doing pretty good on LM.  I do an after work thing sometime this week