Your Newest IDNR Director

Mike Clifford

Thought I was reading an article from The Onion at first. According to an interview, her outdoor recreation consists of gardening. This appointment is downright comical, if not for the fact her inexperience spells disaster for your outdoor pursuits. She does have a background in disaster relief efforts to go with that agricultural broadcasting degree.
Perhaps when the smoke clears she sticks around to help clean up the disaster that is about to commence.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2019-02-21/pritzker-picks-ui-grad-head-illinois-department-natural-resources.html

Having attended Conservation Congress, and watching Marc Miller stand up there and address every concern that sportsmen presented with a defined focus and the ability to seek and create dedicated funding, to see these types take the helm just sickens me. She actually applied for the job. 

We've been spoiled rotten with the likes of Manning and Miller determining the health and welfare of our natural resources in the past, but as with everything that involves politics rather than policy...we have no choice but to ride out the storm. I look forward to our local outdoors journalists and ISA conservation leaders jumping into the fray to get a seat at the table. Whether anybody likes it or not, we always have a seat at the table, because those smallmouth and their habitat aren't going to conserve themselves.

Lets give her a chance first before we hang her out to dry.  I can assure you this administration will do more for conservation and environmental protections and concerns than the last one.  I look forward to meeting and working with her and the new administration.  .  

This stood out to me in the article I read.

"Callahan currently manages her own communications consulting firm after spending over seven years as state director for USDA Rural Development in Illinois. During her tenure, she oversaw a 20% reduction in staffing while still being able to generate a $1 billion increase in the Illinois loan portfolio."

https://www.ipha.com/news/post/3575/gov-pritzker-appoints-idhs-idnr-idfpr-leadership