The Bears

Scott Ferguson

Cody takes the blame for another 2nd Half choke by the da Bears. A class team should be pulling away steadily in the 3rd and 4th quarters-not being overtaken and passed. I think that is called "being able to put it away."

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

Cody takes the blame for another 2nd Half choke by the da Bears. A class team should be pulling away steadily in the 3rd and 4th quarters-not being overtaken and passed. I think that is called "being able to put it away."

I agree that it shouldn't have come down to that FG deciding the game. I don't know that I'd say they choked in the 2nd as the offense was better than the 1st half, but it came down to a few plays; missing that 2 point conversion, lack of maintaining possession at the end to kill the clock, then a poor punt and the the push by the Eagles to score the TD. It was a shame to see him miss the FG after a strong KO return and Trubisky helping to get them into position but it wasn't just one play to be blamed.

Not I just heard that the League has reviewed the tapes and determined that it was a blocked field goal attempt.  The double doink would not have been possible without the help of an deflection by an Eagle's player. That is true sportsmanship and co-operation in my book.

4 hours ago, Paul Trybul said:

I was pilling on. As a long time Bears fan, its part of my grieving process. The 2018 Bears was a very likeable team with likeable personalities staring with Coach Nagy. They were in every game and played a very entertaining brand of football. It's a shame the way it ended.

There is only one of the 12 teams that make the playoffs that don’t end their season with a loss. No one expected the Bears to make the playoffs, let alone win 12 games. Wait till next year might actually mean something this year..