Too much time on my hands

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...

D6A9D659-D1B6-467C-A07A-08C85A0BB77E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

That is hilarious. I can relate. I have one neighbor who has gone to "native plant  landscaping" aka ten foot weeds in August, so I have Canadian thistles invading from that side. The neighbor on the other side has a lawn mostly consisting of creeping charlie, so I am fighting that back there. The creek at the back of my yard has a healthy stand of garlic mustard that keeps invading, and finally the guy across the street has so many dandilions it looks like he painted his yard yellow. Surrounded.