Knoxville Area

k olson

I was curious if any body can offer any information on fishing in the Knoxville stream related or lakes (possible guide service), I will be spending several days there on the weekend of March 10.  I have done some research on my own with hopes of wading some local streams but was hoping one of my fellow ISA members might help narrow down some ideas and or what to expect this time of year in that region.   Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Give Three Rivers Fly Shop (Knoxville) a call. Even if your not fly fishing they can point you in the right direction and may suggest a guide that both spin and fly fishes for a float trip.  If you were looking for a striper trip I could point in the right direction but I haven't targeted smallmouth on my many trips down to that area.

5 hours ago, joshw said:

Give Three Rivers Fly Shop (Knoxville) a call. Even if your not fly fishing they can point you in the right direction and may suggest a guide that both spin and fly fishes for a float trip.  If you were looking for a striper trip I could point in the right direction but I haven't targeted smallmouth on my many trips down to that area.

ok sounds good

Frontier Anglers TN. That's all you need to know for Smallies. Rob Fightmaster if you want to fish for trout. . My wife is from there...we go a few times a year. For smallies the Holston produces crazy numbers. The French broad will produce larger but fewer fish. 

15 hours ago, Forrest Miller said:

Frontier Anglers TN. That's all you need to know for Smallies. Rob Fightmaster if you want to fish for trout. . My wife is from there...we go a few times a year. For smallies the Holston produces crazy numbers. The French broad will produce larger but fewer fish. 

If the fish don't cooperate, the French Broad is a fun whitewater river.