Thank you for letting me into your fishing circle

NoelP

Thank you for letting me into your fishing circle. My name is Noel and I'm a bona-fide river rat and a bronzeback aficionado like all of you guys! I'm fairly new to freshwater / river fishing (started late Fall 2016) and I've been hooked ever since. Dupage and Fox Rivers are my playground and there's no place I'd rather be when I'm not working, eating or sleeping, haha! 

I met RonK 10 days ago when I was kayak fishing and he was fly fishing on the Duper. I always have tremendous respect for guys who have been fishing their entire lives who are willing to teach a thing or two about their craft. The following day, I saw him again at another stretch of the river when I was wading for smallies. It's really nice to see people who share the same passion, and he convinced me to join this group. Thanks Ron!

I had a ambitious goal to start 2017 - and that was to catch 100 Smallies by the end of the year. And to recap this year, I have caught close to 300 smallies, 4 muskies, few dozen walleye, 5 flathead cats and a few LMBs, crappie, and carp in between.

I am more than happy to share with you what I know. At the same time, I appreciate learning from all of you great anglers.

Here are a few of my catches this year. 

Tight lines, everyone! :)

- Noel 

received_10203973115603707.jpeg

received_10203973138444278.jpeg

received_10203973115163696.jpeg

received_10203973115843713.jpeg

received_10203973114803687.jpeg

received_10203973114763686.jpeg

received_10203973116083719.jpeg

received_10203973115123695.jpeg

received_10203973115963716.jpeg

received_10203973114603682.jpeg

received_10203973114643683.jpeg

received_10203973115083694.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Terry Dodge said:

Welcome! Those are some nice looking fish and pics. I look forward to reading your reports

Looks like you float in a NuCanoe? What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks Terry! I have an Ascend 12t. I actually am thinking about upgrading to a NuCanoe Frontier 12 this coming season since I has a tandem mode. That way my friends and fiance can get into fishing as well haha! 

Camera wise I' just using my Samsung Galaxy S8+ fone.. It takes nice photos, and most importantly waterproof! Haha! 

10 minutes ago, Scott Ferguson said:

Nice to have you on the forums Noel. It’s funny, guys usually leave after meeting Ron. Just kidding....

Thanks Scott! Yeah fortunately Ron didn't whip me with his fly rod for making it to his spot.. I guess I made a good first impression with him haha! 

Nice fish! Be sure to come to the Bronzeback Blowout and meet everyone.

4 hours ago, Ed Buric said:

Welcome aboard,Noel. It sounds to me as though you are going to fit right in. I highly recommend that you take advantage of some of our activities throughout the year. As Terry says " participation is key "

Ed Buric

Thanks Ed! I am totally down! :)

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Welcome. I saw your Instagram page recently (I'm @fishthefox). Looks like we fish a lot of the same water. Really nice catches and photos. Nice to see another caster kicking ass out there! 

Run and gun!

Thanks Eric! I actually visit your FishtheFox website frequently, even way before I got serious with fishing. Your catches and photos are truly inspiring! Plus Ron had nothing but good things to say about you when I met him. Glad to cross paths with you here :)

Fish on, brother!  

1 hour ago, Jim J said:

Welcome,

Really nice pictures and catches.

I think I saw you  a week or so ago just before the brutal cold.

I'm around the DuPage a lot.

Saw Ron K wading also.

Thanks for joining in.

Thank you Jim! Was I in the kayak at the time? I did run into a guy about the same time who said he caught a close to a state record smallie out of the Dupage! Still blows my mind! LoL. Otherwise, I hope to see you there after this brutal winter that we are currently having! It's been 9 days since I caught a bronzeback, already feels like a month! 

1 hour ago, ronk said:

Noel's a great addition to the club. Really nice guy and a really fine fisherman as a sampling of his catches attests.

Hey Ron! Thanks again for bringing me this group.. nothing but good vibes and I'm honored to be part of this Alliance! Looking forward to fishing with you again sir :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 9:45 AM, JOHN SCHENCK said:

Very cool pics! Looks like you put in some solid time this year. I get the feeling you have a passion for it. Send me a message this spring if you want to chase some smallies. welcome to the group! 

Thanks John! Will definitely do.. Can't wait for spring! :)