Boundary Waters

My best memories of great Smallmouth fishing are the trips my father and I took every year for many years camping and fishing in the MN Boundary Waters and the adjoining Ont Quetico Park. I figure it won't be long before ISA sends an expedition up there.  well, maybe.

There's news about a foreign mining operation with big plans to mine right next to the park.  Congressman Tom Emmer (R)  MN is promoting a bill to allow the mining. Please read and act as you will. Those parks are Smallmouth treasures.

https://midcurrent.com/2017/12/04/speak-out-for-the-boundary-waters/?utm_source=MidCurrent+Fly+Fishing+Email+Newsletter&utm_campaign=988fd0d639-MidCurrent_October_5_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8efbf3b958-988fd0d639-18956357

On 12/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, siusaluki said:

I spend a week up there every year.  Why can we not leave good enough alone!

I decided on ffing up in the Boundary Waters in the 60's after witnessing a friend of my father catch walleyes and bass with a white bassbug during a white fly hatch.

These days at least whenever any politician comes out in favor of trashing the environment for a quick buck you can always count on there being an (R) behind his name

• 2 months later...