Polish Nymphing-No Joke

Mike G

Mike, thanks for sharing. I have only nymphed for smallies a few times. This system makes sense being most aquatic nymphs can swim in the current. Moving upstream in a current may be next to impossible, but moving downstream with the current and putting energy into a bit more speed makes perfect sense. Kind of like a bicyclist with the wind at his back. I would think it would look much more alive than just dead drifting.

I've been doing this all along on the Fox, but with my Foxy, not with nymphs. The murky water of the Fox R and sometimes high water level allowed you to fish only short line. Many Brutus were taken this way.

I've been doing this all along on the Fox, but with my Foxy, not with nymphs. The murky water of the Fox R and sometimes high water level allowed you to fish only short line. Many Brutus were taken this way.

Hearing that from Tom , I would say the question has been answered. Yes, it works on smallmouth bass.