river ice spotter for NWS

The National Weather Service office in Romeoville is looking for volunteers to be river ice spotters on the Kankakee , Fox , Du Page , Des Plaines , Rock and Pecatonica Rivers. Spotters on other rivers are welcome to participate .

They do not want you to get on the ice , all oberservations must be made from a stable location .

You will recieve training materials . Internet access is required as all reports must be submittted by 9 AM Monday morning , This program runs fr om 12- t hr 3-31 .

Please contact Andrew Krein at andrewkrein@noaa.gov or call 815-34-1435 8AM to 8PM .

Please include

Name, Address, Phone # ,and email . Do so asap as training materials should come out in early November .

This is an opportunity to help get flood warnings out to your area for flooding due to ice .

Mike

I am not on facebook so i missed that and have not talked to Steve or Rob lately .

Mark

When I get the training material I can give you a general idea about it . I am thinking they want more detail than Here Be Ice .