Conservation Director's Note

After seeing some pics on the ISA Facebook Page with smallmouth being laid on the ground for the shot,

I felt there was a good stage and opportunity education.

As your Conservation Director, and in accordance to our ISA Mission, I plan to run an education campaign

on the Facebook Page to educate the public. The Plan is to post one (1) note per month thru the winter season.

Here is Novembers Note that was just posted > https://www.facebook.com/notes/terry-j-dodge/cr-cpr-practice-practice-practice-an-isa-conservation-education-article/10155808065489299/

Terry

You didn't say what you do with the fish while your setting up the tripod etc for the selfie.It's been so long since I caught any pic worthy that I almost forgot;but I seem to recall that I would simply leave it in the water attached to my rod on an appropriate length of line.They quickly relax once they're no longer being pulled against. I usually take a hand shot first in case the fish gets away during set up which is more possible if you go barbless

Terry

You didn't say what you do with the fish while your setting up the tripod etc for the selfie.It's been so long since I caught any pic worthy that I almost forgot;but I seem to recall that I would simply leave it in the water attached to my rod on an appropriate length of line.They quickly relax once they're no longer being pulled against. I usually take a hand shot first in case the fish gets away during set up which is more possible if you go barbless

Thanks for pointing that out. I may go back and edit that info in.

I thumb the smallmouth and hold it in the water, pull the tripod/camera out of my vest, set it on the bank at it's lowest setting,

turn camera on/select timer/select 10 seconds, ready myself and my catch, camera ready light flashes 3-2-1, lift catch, camera triggers.

It's a pretty fast operation. This is why it is important to know how to use your camera and settings. I don't even need to look at my camera

while doing all of the mentioned above.