Flyathon

Mark K

Sounds neat but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would through running into the mix?

I think it's more the fishing thrown into a race than the other way around. Trail runners are a different breed than road runners, in the same way fly fishermen are a little different than say the Bass Pro crowd.

and I can completely see the appeal especially given that it's Colorado. It's got to be cool to live there.

I am probably overthinking this since it's a probably more a fun race- more than serious. But if you are really hauling ass, it can't be easy to just stop assemble a fly rod and tie on one of those tiny flies and actually slow down enough to catch a fish take photo and measurement then go back into haul ass mode.

Kind of the way in biathlon- XC skiing and rifle shooting which sounds like a whacko combination- but when you think about it you are going from the most aerobically challenging sport that exists down to one that requires you to ohh...aim. It's really a pretty cool sport when you think about it.

Of course we all know the fish will be congenially and realize you are in a hurry.

I laughed my ass off when I saw this, it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Had I known about it a month ago I would have done the drift less race. LOL throw good beer into the mix and how can you go wrong?