Camp Kish 2017

CRUNCH TIME!

I have made the decision that we will meet at the Camp Kish Park on Saturday morning.

I will run out and buy some eggs and stuff for you to eat if you so choose.

Please be at the park between 7:30am - 8:00am. or earlier if you so choose.

I will try to have the gate opened by 6:30am.

From there we will choose straws to see what group you get stuck with.

I will also try to pull off dogs/brats/chips for you to cook up after a day on the water.

Sorry for seeming so unorganized. If we work together we will have a very enjoyable experience.

This warming trend should set the Kish smallmouth bite a blaze and the feedbags on.

Get some!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no camping Friday night? So no CVC for breakfast?

Appreciate the offer on the toon! Sounds like the water is pretty low... is that conducive to tooning? Need to wear waders no matter what as shins have some open wounds. Maybe I'm better off wading...?

So no camping Friday night? So no CVC for breakfast?

There is camping Friday night.

Nobody had commented on your question of breakfast at CVC on Saturday so I made the decision to meet at the Camp Kish Park.

I will have eggs and stuff for people at the camp if they would like. If some of you want to have breakfast at CVC on Saturday morning then have at it, just

try to be at the park at 9am. Or plan and go out yourselves if that's what you want to do.

Appreciate the offer on the toon! Sounds like the water is pretty low... is that conducive to tooning? Need to wear waders no matter what as shins have some open wounds. Maybe I'm better off wading...?

Wading is fine. I will wade with you if you would like? Don't want anybody to be on their own, unless they wanna be.

Hey Kevin...If you'd rather kayak, you can borrow one of mine. I would have been all over a CV Cafe breakfast, but I'm busy Saturday morning.

Hey Jude... more subtle music references :) appreciate the offer! Are you going to stop by Friday night? Wouldn't want you to have to make a special trip. Would I be better off in a yak or toon? I'll go with whatever you and Terry think best as I believe you have both paddled both watercraft.

I won't be out til Saturday pm if at all. What time are you coming to town Friday? Can you carry a boat? If so I can leave it on my driveway.

Not sure about time yet... 9 ish... maybe. How long is the boat? I probably have 6 feet with my tailgate down in my element and I have tie downs and tie down points. Unfortunately no rack or anything.

Jude is probably not going to be fishing with us on Saturday but does hope to join in the Saturday night campfire.

Not sure about time yet... 9 ish... maybe.

9 ish in the AM or PM?

I won't be unlocking the gate to the Camp Kish Park until about noon on Friday.

I was told that it might be a good idea to bring toilet paper.

THERE IS CAMPING ON FRIDAY NIGHT

Sorry, I guess people got confused from my "CRUNCH TIME" post.

With people coming from out of town and there ended up being no decision or discussion on meeting at Cherry Valley Cafe, I made the decision

of everyone meeting at the park on Saturday. I ran out and bought some eggs and sausage to put in your bellies if you would like. Nothing fancy.

Also bought some dogs and chips for afterwards so nobody has to drive too far on an empty belly.

If you are coming from out of town to spend the day on the Kish, please try to be to the park by 9:30AM on Saturday at the very latest.

Earlier if you want some chow.

I hope everything is clear.

Campers are as follows....

Terry (Fri & Sat)

Scott (Fri & Sat)

Ken (Fri & Sat)

Ben (Fri & Sat)

Kevin (Fri. night only ?)

Not sure about time yet... 9 ish... maybe. How long is the boat? I probably have 6 feet with my tailgate down in my element and I have tie downs and tie down points. Unfortunately no rack or anything.

I'll bring my pontoon for you to use if you want. If not, no big deal.

Pontoons are good for people who lean more towards wading. Float, beach it, wade.

If I remember correctly, you kind of know the Kish so the pontoon might be more your style.

My sit on top is a 12 footer, but I also have a sit in that is a 10 footer. You are welcome to either one. That would include paddle and PDF. I'm leaving for a golf outing early Friday, so I'll check this in the am and leave a boat on the driveway. 4089 barley ridge trail in cherry valley. (Driveways on moss canyon). I'm on my phone and buzzed so please excuse my poor skills.

I wouldn't say I know the Kish... I've fished a bit of each branch and the main branch and caught fish. Too many choices, mommie! I've been wanting to see what this kayak fishing is all about so I suppose I should try that. Whichever boat is more comfortable. I can still get out and wade right?

Yes you can still get out and wade, which is much easier in the 12' sit on top. I'll leave two out tomorrow morning, and if you can't make the 12 footer fit , you can take the little one. If all goes according to the Dodge protocol, we will get three inches of rain tonight and it would be a moot point. Fortunately, the forecast and conditions look great, so it should be a stellar weekend!

Regarding distance...my float from belvedere to CV was just under 8 miles and took me 7 hours. I had to rush the last couple miles to make sure I got in by dark. I fish faster than most guys I've fished with. I checked the distillery-camp route and its a little bit longer than that. With the varying paces people fish, I'd suggest putting in at Bauman and taking your time. Good luck!

Regarding distance...my float from belvedere to CV was just under 8 miles and took me 7 hours. I had to rush the last couple miles to make sure I got in by dark. I fish faster than most guys I've fished with. I checked the distillery-camp route and its a little bit longer than that. With the varying paces people fish, I'd suggest putting in at Bauman and taking your time. Good luck!

Thank you and thank you!! Enjoy your outing!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, finally the weather is cooperating, and conditions look very good. Paul, I was in Rockford on business on Wednesday and stopped by Cherry Valley around noon to check out the river and think I saw you walking to the river. I yelled your name but lots of traffic at intersection. By the way the water look fantastic. Can't wait till tomorrow!