Camp Kish 2017

I have been working hard on this event and think I have finally got all my ducks in order.

This is a two (2) night camping event on the Kishwaukee River beginning on Friday, Sept. 15th.

We have been experiencing high water conditions all season here in the NW Region and have had to

cancel many of our outings up to this point. I hope this is a way of making it up.

Please let me know if you plan to participate.

Spend a weekend with fellow ISA members enjoying the beauty and smallmouth bite of the Kish.

Click link for more info > http://duckdodge62.wixsite.com/tdsmh/kish-camp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the weather cooperates... looks like a good time. I would like to attend but will need to wait until it's a little closer to confirm so right now I am a probably.

Let us know when the drop dead rsvp date is. Thanks

Terry

Just how wader friendly is it up in that neck o the woods ?

It sounds inviting but a lot depends on the recovery and general health after the cancer treatments .

Terry

It sounds inviting but a lot depends on the recovery and general health after the cancer treatments .

At normal level ( gage PRY12 - 5.75ft.) the Kish is about 90% wadable. I would say an average depth of just over 3 feet.

Uh... I just re-read your blog. I didn't see anything about showers... are we all going to your place?

No showers. Man up.

There'a a motel about 10 minutes from the spot Terry picked out, right on the river and with showers. I'm not big on sleeping outdoors. I'm thinking about doing the float(s) but staying in the air conditioned, bug free, shower equipped, toliet near my bed, motel room.

I have always wondered about that place. They seem to keep it up and it does see a steady flow of business, construction workers I would think.

I could stop by some time and check it out if you would like?

There is also a park where you can take-out that is no more than two (2) miles from the motel. Right across the street is Bino's Pizza and New Mill Tap.

At normal level ( gage PRY12 - 5.75ft.) the Kish is about 90% wadable. I would say an average depth of just over 3 feet.

No showers. Man up.

I have always wondered about that place. They seem to keep it up and it does see a steady flow of business, construction workers I would think.

I could stop by some time and check it out if you would like?

There is also a park where you can take-out that is no more than two (2) miles from the motel. Right across the street is Bino's Pizza and New Mill Tap.

that hotel doesn't offer 4 hour naps , I hope .

Terry

Please forgive me for failing to mention..... It would be AWESOME if you could attend! I would enjoy

spending a few hours fishing with you. Plus, if the water remains high, I know a few picnic tables you might like to hit. :)

Terry

It's high on my list of things to do .

I have to take one of the labs to the vet soon to update all the shots , then it's time to try and catch a few fish .

I would love to spend a few hours fishing with you as well . I would ask for dancing lessons but I am so bad at it that not even the Swami could help according to my wife .

Picnic tables , grills , old Edsel transaxles , it doesn't matter to the fish . :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would like to start pushing this event.

I have myself and one other that are confirmed.

This camp is perfectly situated on the banks of the Kish main branch.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

One (1) night or both.

$10.00 per night.

You can't beat that.

Tent and pop-up campers only.

Would like to start pushing this event.

I have myself and one other that are confirmed.

This camp is perfectly situated on the banks of the Kish main branch.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

One (1) night or both.

$10.00 per night.

You can't beat that.

Tent and pop-up campers only.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 9.41.00 AM.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 9.41.29 AM.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 9.42.36 AM.jpg

Camp Kish is a great way to bring the season to an end with fellow ISA members.

Camp Kish 2017 Campers List:

1) Terry Dodge

2) Scott F

3) Jim Wright

4) Ken S

I hope to add more names to the list as the event draws closer. The 2017 campsite is a perfect location.

What are you waiting for? Let's do this thing!

Camp Kish is a great way to bring the season to an end with fellow ISA members.

Camp Kish 2017 Campers List:

1) Terry Dodge

2) Scott F

3) Jim Wright

4) Ken S

I hope to add more names to the list as the event draws closer. The 2017 campsite is a perfect location.

What are you waiting for? Let's do this thing!

I'll let you know a little closer.

What do mean "bring the season to an end"? There's like 2-3 more months of fishing depending on the weather and your location.