Hi Everyone - New to ISA

jcarroll

New member who just wanted to introduce myself and say so far I have enjoyed reading all the great information posted here at ISA. I am in the St Charles area and mostly fish the Fox. Would enjoy meeting other anglers who fish the same area. I fish both fly and a baitcaster. I like to wade and Kayak. I am actually considering a new kayak and just tested a Jackson Big Rig.....man is that a comfy seat! Before I pull the trigger, I would love to hear any pros and cons from other Kayak fisherman regarding that rig or any others they are familiar with.

Cheers!

John Carroll

Welcome. On the JK Big Rig -- nice tandem kayak for comfort, room, amenities. Very heavy. If you have the strength to manage it and the means to transport it, might be fun for a while. I don't see it as a go-to, day-to-day fishing kayak unless you live on the river or are planning on using it at a vacation home. It's more/less a battleship. Good luck!

Thanks for the feed back on the Big Rig. It is a heavy one for sure. I'm also going to look at the Wilderness Attack 14. I'm a tall guy so I think I need a sit on top. If you have any others you would deem worth investigating, Id love to hear about it. Maybe I should just get a bass boat! :)

Guest Paul J Trybul

I used to live on the river on the west side by the park below the dam. Big smallies wading the west side starting at the park. Jerk baits and Senkos.