NWR Yellow Sign Time

March 26 (Saturday) at 8:00am.

Sign Posting - We’ll meet at L’Eden’s in New Milford. IL
6030 11th Street (corner of HWY 251 and Blackhawk Rd)
Eat some morning chow and post some ISA Yellow signs and
then probably wet a line. Nice way to learn new fishing spots.

Who's in?

I think I'll use the drill. Not sure if you are qualified to run such tools. Maybe I'll let you hold it without the battery installed and you can pretend.

Anyone else interested in breakfast and posting signs with Terry and I? I'll show you all of Terry's favorite spots as a bonus. Don't worry he doesn't mind.

On 3/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, tgoodmanii said:

Anyone else interested in breakfast and posting signs with Terry and I? I'll show you all of Terry's favorite spots as a bonus. Don't worry he doesn't mind.

I don't mind because I don't catch. > (click to view even larger)

Actually I wouldn't bother at this level. It's way higher than I've ever fished or floated it. I fished it at about 7.2' earlier this week and it was higher than I like.

Tim…Why would anyone want to know where Terry doesn't catch fish? Nice sig line, by the way.

I can't really talk about Terry not catching fish. I've been out a few times this year and haven't caught anything. I may go fish the Rock tomorrow after the sign posting.

The Kish is way too high for floating or wading. It really doesn't offer too many opportunities for bank casting at 8.84ft. either.

It'll be a nice day to post some signs and chat a bit and that's about it.

I went out to Distillery F.P. and posted a couple signs today (3/25) and could only find small tight to the shore eddies to cast to. No bites.

I tried to cross the river and decided after being washed over a couple stream barbs and being swept thru a few strainers that.....

I, Terry Dodge, am an idiot. Just incase any of you out there are unaware of that little fact.

Have a nice day.

Paul, Tim, EircG, and I got out and put up about 20 yellow signs around the NW Region.

We first met for some breakfast and smallmouth talk before loading up into my bass van and heading out to

blanket the area in yellow. We pretty much hit all the popular areas and maybe a couple out of the way fishy looking/smelly areas.

We even put forth some extra effort to collect trash before heading to the next location.

Some of us were successful at this and some of us not so much.

River was running high and cold so no attempt was made to cast a line to water.

Very enjoyable day spent with fellow ISA gangsters.

That last shot's a doozy. You couldn't have worked too hard on the trash part. There's still a semi degraded Wal-mart bag in my side yard. (Terry's last shot, that is.)

Is that address on that mail box suppose to read 4089 Hillbilly Ridge?

Fridge. Hillbilly fridge. That's where I hide the beer from my wife. Thanks for the sign. When the river's up that rip-rap upstream of the mailbox really attracts the bucket brigade.