DuPage Float, April 2, 2016

We'll kick off the Chicagoland fishing season with a float trip on Saturday, April 2nd. Hopefully, the forecast for a mild spring will bare true and we don't get rained out. The plan at the moment will be to meet at the 135th street boat ramp. I'll post more details as the date approaches.

• 1 month later...

Tim, were still on barring high waters. Looks like were in for some rain and cooler weather in the days before. Sounds like smallmouth weather to me! We'll plan to meet at the Burger King located at intersection of Rt 52 (Jefferson) and Rt 59 in Shorewood at 7:00 am to get our act together and set up shuttle. Its easy to find just off I 55 at Rt 52/Shorewood exit.

Frank, if we don't get hit too hard with rain on Wednesday or Thursday the water levels could be good. Looking for cfs at Shorewood to be around 400 and under. I went by river today and it is starting to recede and clear. Could be in good shape by Saturday if we don't get pounded on this week. I'll keep everyone posted as the week progresses.

Based on the poor water and weather conditions we will reschedule tomorrow's float to next Saturday, April 9th. We will still plan to meet at the Shorewood Burger King on April 9th at 7 am.to set up our shuttle. It looks like next Saturday's weather conditions and water levels will be much more favorable. Anyone who has any questions or needs directions let me know.

Nasty conditions last Saturday for sure. Went by the river today and water level is looking great and clearing. The bad news: most recent forecast shows rain through the rest of week. We'll see how it goes but may have to continue it again.

Well for me that's good news because next Saturday I will be representing the I S A at Orvis in Yorktown:

April 9th Spring Open House

S.gif

Mark your calendars! In anticipation for an exciting year on the water, were holding a spring meet and greet. We've assembled a great group of fly-fishing guides and local fishing celebrities to come talk about their favorite fisheries. This is a great opportunity to find out what kind of opportunities we have for amazing fly-fishing right here in the Chicago-land area. Activities and presentations are planned for the entire day, so come on by, we can't wait to see you!

Bart

I didn't mean to hijack your thread but looking at the weather forecast for the weekend the Orvis open house will be a good alternative. As Orvis has been very supportive of the I S A it would be a good thing to reciprocate. Not to mention free beer and pizza in addition to interesting speakers.

No problem Ed, the cozy confines of the Orvis store sound much more appealing then Saturday's float conditions. Regardless if we float or not, I'm going to do everything I can to get there. Looks like a great lineup, hope to chat with the Galena guide and others.

Bart

I didn't mean to hijack your thread but looking at the weather forecast for the weekend the Orvis open house will be a good alternative. As Orvis has been very supportive of the I S A it would be a good thing to reciprocate. Not to mention free beer and pizza in addition to interesting speakers.

What time does this event start and wrap up Ed?

Due to water level and weather conditions were going to cancel this weekend's scheduled float and reschedule for next Saturday, April 16th. The weather looks much better for late next week. We'll keep our plan to meet at Shorewood Burger King at 7 am to set up shuttle. Third time is a charm! Any questions, let me know.

Quick message on change of meeting location for the float as the Shorewood Burger King parking lot is closed and under construction. Burger King is located on the northeast corner of rt 59 and rt 52(Jefferson St). We will meet instead at 7 am across the street on the southeast corner of Rt. 59 and Rt 52 (Jefferson St.) in "The Crowd" parking lot. We will set up our shuttle from there. The conditions are setting up to be perfect for the float. The more yaks the merrier so try to make it if you can.

Mike, I left my extra kayak at my dads so don't have my extra yak available. If anyone can bring an extra yak that Mike can use please let us know so we can include in shuttle.

The plan will be to do a 5-6 hour float with an option to do longer float if there is interest. Bring some drink and lunch/snack along and don't forget your PFDs. Any questions let me know.