Central Illinois BassBuggers Fly Tying Gathering - January 31st

Rob G

We"re going to be holding our first central Illinois Smallmouth Alliance Bassbugger fly tying event of the new year on Sunday, January 31st. There's no football playoff game on that day so consider coming out and joining us. Our own Jim Zoerb will be demonstrating how to tie a new fly which he claims to be a winner, so you can take that to the bank, or at least cast it towards the bank anyway :) Remember, immediately afterwords several of us generally head to a nearby watering hole for a sandwich before heading home. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to contact me via PM here at the site.

January 31st, Sunday, 1-4 PM

Bloomington, IL

Firestation # 2

1911 Hamilton Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704

Looking forward to getting back into things and seeing everyone. Seems like a long time since I tried tying or fishing. As I have become semi-retired I seem to have less time....and energy.

We had 12 fellows turn out for a nice fly tying session. As always, techniques and lies got swapped and the three hours as usual just zoomed by. Several of us headed over to Famous Dave's BBQ afterwards where the story telling continued.

The next get together is tentatively scheduled on March 6th, Sunday, 1-4 PM at the same Bloomington Fire Station #2, so consider coming out and joining us.

Check out this thread with several photos posted by Tim T.

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13241