kish log jam

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

i was told by ISA member chuck lynch that there is a big logjam in potawatamie woods by kirkland this is downstream from where we have removed logs before. says it completely stops any yak or canoe traffic and is cutting a new channel around it. does the paddling group still do removals? perhaps a member can take a look and shot some pics. it is downstream of the bridge that leads to the state park, which is a satellite park to Shabbona . rich mc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rich mc

i was able to stop by the area and check it out and fish alittle. i have never seen that area as low and clear as it is now. 1 smallie and many rockbasson a craw jig around various trees. there are 3 areas of logjams one by the main bridge and two downstream. kayakers were still able to get thruthe maze of logs. most of the piles are in knee deep or less water which would make clearing easier. if we had 5-6 guys we could do some nice clearing in a few hours with a chain saw . ANYBODY UP FOR SOME WORK AND FISHING NEXT SUNDAY THE 25TH?