Quinn Draz’s Funds for Fish Campaign

We are excited to announce that the delivery date has been set and hybrid bluegill funded from Eagle Scout Quinn Draz’s Funds for Fish Campaign (of which you contributed!) will be released at Blackwell Forest Preserve and Herrick Lake Forest Preserve on Thursday, October 8, 2015.

We are planning a small gathering on Thursday, October 8, at Herrick Lake Forest Preserve in Wheaton, IL of District staff, donors, and the Draz family to witness the release and have a chance to meet or talk with Eagle Scout Quinn Draz on his successful fundraising campaign. He raised more than his $5,000 goal! Attached is a map of Herrick Lake Forest Preserve. We are asking all invitees to arrive at 11 a.m. to see the truck arrive and also in case the delivery is a bit early. The delivery is estimated for 11:30 a.m. Feel free to bring a picnic lunch if you’d like to enjoy while you watch the release.

If you will be joining us next Thursday, please enter through the Butterfield Road entrance and head towards your left towards the large East picnic shelter near the boat rental building. You may park near there and we will gather near the shelter. The release will take place nearby.

Please let us know if you can join us.

Once again, thank you so much for your contribution to the Funds for Fish Campaign, and helping make this exciting day possible.

Thank you,

Katie

Katie Michel

Fundraising and Development Coordinator

Office of Communications & Marketing

Forest Preserve District of DuPage County

630-933-7097

kmichel@dupageforest.org

www.dupageforest.org

I want to personally thank everyone for their generous support of my memorial fisheries tribute (Funds for Fish) to Don LaBrose, the former DuPage County Forest Preserve fisheries biologist who influenced my Eagle Scout project.

As everyone may know from the Forest Preserve District's release about the event, today's the big day! The Forest Preserve District's stocking the hybrid bluegills, purchased with money from donations through Go Fund Me and the Forest Preserve Giving Site, and I'll be on hand with many others to watch this new breed of fish get introduced into local waters!

Don will definitely be smiling when someday a kid fishing catches a 5lb bluegill in waters he managed!

Thanks again to everyone for all your support. I couldn't have done it without you.

Quinn